Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Trackside

BNSF Investigating Tampering of Rail Lines in Southwest WA

I wonder who in SW Washington would want to try and shut down the RR? Cough*Longshoremen*Cough..... http://tdn.com/news/local/article_dd0cca0a-e885-11e0-a1b1-001cc4c03286.html
  2. Trackside

Advice Needed: Taking Cascades From Seattle to Portland

The family and I will be taking the train for an overnight trip to Portland and I wondered if anyone can school me on what works on the Portland side without a car. We will be traveling with 2 young children. Was hoping to find out about nearby hotels, attractions, and public transportation...
  3. Trackside

A Morning at West Scenic

I got an email from Martin Burwash that he was going up on the hill and wondered if I'd like to join him. I'd only been bugging the guy on and off for about 3 years so I wasn't about to pass it up. Like a lot of us, I really like Martin's collection especially the ones that including a...
  4. Trackside

Loaded Grain Trains Returning to the Scenic Sub

Ladies & Gentlemen, I heard from my most trusted source that loaded grain trains are returning to the Scenic Sub starting early next month!! Also spoke with another source that said the MOW steel & tie work on the Fallbridge Sub will last all summer with all-day absolute work windows. I am...
  5. Trackside

Tracks in the Snow 2011

This years even was the wettest by far, but it was once again a record crowd of railfan attending the event held on BNSF's Scenic Sub in Washington State. The event was the weekend of January 15 and I'm hoping some of the others who attended will post their pics as well! Big thanks to the crew...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)