Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. C

UP 4141 Bout To Move Again

The UP 8696 is supposed to drag the UP 4141 to Houston as a special move on the ENLHOM. Scheduled to leave NLR in the morning.
  2. C

Cn rail conductor-drivers license

Yes you will have to have a valid drivers license. New conductor certification rules put in place by FRA requires that you have one also. Hope its not for DWI/DUI
  3. C

SP 266 To Lead MNLKC-18

SP 266 is scheduled to lead on the MNLKC, and KCS 4688 is linked up to it as dpu. Don't see that too often.
  4. C

Csx

With narrowband coming into effext in January,I doubt most common scanners will be able to pick them up. That may be what he means.
  5. C

Information on Camden & Southern Railroad

How will there be a BNSF connection? Trackage rights to Camden?
  6. C

Hello everyone!

Don't know why he would say don't mention cars on the application. Don't mention liking trains or being a railfan. They will look at it as you are someone looking for a hobby and not a career. Also, that will give them the impression that you won't work safely. If you are a railfan, don't...
  7. C

The Latest SD59MX 9916

Fresh out of Jenks.
  8. C

Carolina Southern Operations

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObzK91qWw1g
  9. C

Union Pacific Hiring Practices

When I did my hiring session 8 years ago, we went to break during the interview. The interviewer looked outside and everyone that was smoking was told to leave and dont come back. A lot of companies have started to not hire smokers. Its a insurance thing. I just recently went to a electronic...
  10. C

Life on the Rail

Watching a car drive around the gates and you look and see two small kids in the back seat.
  11. C

What decides how many locomotives for a train?

TPA (Tons Per Equivalent Powered Axle) usually determines how many engines.
  12. C

NS Buying UP SD60's

I didnt know it got this serious.:(
  13. C

UP 7912 Fresh Paint No Flag

Jenks in North Little Rock sometimes wont put flags on the sides of the ones they repaint. There is also a 5800 series C44AC running around without flags.
  14. C

UP 4141 Back In Service

The 4141 has been moved from Jenks Shop and is being prepped for service. it's gonna be headed to Texas within the next week.
  15. C

Do you think EMD will ever build a DD90ACe?

4,000 hp is all you need to get the job done. The SD70M or AC4400CW are the two best workhorses availible. The only thing the extra hp would be good for is high speed running, which todays railroads are not interested in. Saving fuel is the name of the game. Also with the interchange service...
  16. C

Yep. There's a couple ACe's without the flag also.
  17. C

Quick grab shot. Actually looks good this way.
  18. C

NS Buying UP SD60's

The other day I thought I was seeing things, but I wasnt. I saw a ex UP SD60 with the letters striped out and a black NS patch on the cab. NS seems to be fond of the SD60.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)