Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. C

Ferromex on the BNSF

I see them once in a while parked waiting at the Thornton shops, waiting for a BN southbound train to run.
  2. C

is freight "Going Green"?

Yup.. can't speak for the rest, but I hear CN is going full-tilt with an eco program, just in its' infancy at the moment.. I'm sure there will be a big announcement soon. Stay tuned.
  3. C

CN employment question

I applied, got the call two months later for interviews, started three months after that. It was painful, waiting not knowing what was going on.. then finally got the call (after almost three months) that I was expected to start next week.. like 4 days notice.
  4. C

Loco Windshield Wipers Question...

The mechanics at our shop call it "job security"...
  5. C

Locomotive Fault Question

Without hearing the noise, it could have been anything. There are many different places for air to leak on these units.. It could have been the air dryer or main res with a sticky blowdown valve. Happens all the time on our units.
  6. C

CN conductor aptitude test

Here's a tip for you, and anyone else reading. Not specific to a job at CN, by any means. I have interviewed hundreds of potential employees in my previous jobs... Unless you're specifically told to dress casual - always dress up for an interview. Shirt and tie, jacket if you have a nice...
  7. C

looking at vs. looking out

Might make you feel different if you were being paid to sit in that locomotive.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)