Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Scarbagjack

New member from Poland

Gidday!
  2. Scarbagjack

Beside Myself

Great Photo!! Once again another photo on this forum inspires me. One of these days I'm gonna advance from my little " point & shoot " disposable cameras and learn me some real picture taking.:o Nice job mate.
  3. Scarbagjack

Switches

How'd you go with the Glidex? How often are you applying it, and is it effective? How many operations are the points doing in a day? Sorry for all the questions. Just one more...do you have the winning lotto numbers for Saturday night?
  4. Scarbagjack

Noob research questions about train lines

Oh, I get it... the threat is management. Well Jason, now you need to look at it from a whole new perspective... 4 rails would be like the glass half full, versus, the glass half empty syndrome... The threat from the enemy is that they will try to tell you , you have twice as much glass...
  5. Scarbagjack

Burned out

3329, well said. I believe without passion we have little hope. It is a hard thing for some to pull up and continue after a downward spiral, but being human, I think that somewhere inside, most of us have that ability. Good words and sound advice. Kudos sir.
  6. Scarbagjack

New Guy

Welcome kk, I reckon you'll find a lot of info here on this forum. Enjoy
  7. Scarbagjack

Burned out

Hi April, I have a blog about some of my railway experiences and the jobs I do and have done over the years. For what it's worth, it may be of interest to you to hear about how a railway operates on the other side of the planet to you? I am no hemmingway, ( although I have been known to enjoy...
  8. Scarbagjack

New here

Hi Charles, plenty of across the board knowledge to be found on this forum. Welcome and enjoy.
  9. Scarbagjack

Hi

Hi David, welcome. As well as rail, I am also an aviation fan. Something about heavy metal that can fly eh? Enjoy.
  10. Scarbagjack

New here

Hi Max, welcome to this forum. Enjoy.
  11. Scarbagjack

New to the Forum

YorkRailFan, welcome to this forum. A great site for all things railroad, plenty of good reading for all rail niches. Enjoy!
  12. Scarbagjack

Introducing Myself

Welcome from the colonies! Good site this, I think you will enjoy.
  13. Scarbagjack

What gauge?

Ok, thanks Mr.Tester. I was not sure if there was any light rail projects over there that ran on a narrow gauge. When I travelled from New Mexico towards Colorado a few years back, I saw a rail line that was being constructed in the middle of the freeway, sort of from Albuquerque towards...
  14. Scarbagjack

What gauge?

Track Tester Thanks, i'd be interested to learn if there is a narrow commuter gauge and what that would be.
  15. Scarbagjack

Can there be a Slip joint where rail can expand/contract?

Hi, I think the simplest answer would be money. Any joint like that requires maintenance, and that spells $$ All of us track mtce guys would all love to indulge our passion and maintain our infrastructure for the love only, but, that sort of love wont keep us warm and well fed and well...
  16. Scarbagjack

What gauge?

Thanks for the replies folks. Yes just as I suspected, standard gauge would probably hold true for the majority of your country, and yes there are a few different theories on how the gauge came into being. I shall share a few with you. We too, had to take local native wildlife into...
  17. Scarbagjack

What gauge?

Please exuse my ignorance, ( I seem to be saying that more and more these days), I am wondering about what gauge you guys mostly run your trains on over there. Do you have different areas with different gauges? Here in Australia we run three different gauges in different states. The colonials...
  18. Scarbagjack

Hello Everyone

Welcome & Hi from Australia.
  19. Scarbagjack

Amtrak Driver Kingman

Thanks, mrmoose. LHD over here is a treat as well! Autos aside, and into our chosen field of employment, I suppose we could get into a whole signal positioning thing also. Left v Right sort of thing. Where are your signals sighted? Now there is a whole new story in itself, what, with signal...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)