Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. BakerFan1001

Union Pacific Question

There are some unfair answers I will say: 1. Coal has many restrictions. 2. Since 2009, the economy has fallen dramatically and has impacted the industries of freight. 3. Trains aren't used as much since 2009 when the economy shifted downward. For example: I recorded times of CSX freight trains...
  2. BakerFan1001

Why the Indiana Railroad Company was 2012's Regional RR of the Year

INRD or Indiana Railroad was 2012's regional railroad of the year for many cool reasons. 1. INRD has done on-time business everyday atleast on the Indianapolis Subdivision from gas/oil to coal from Merom Plant and another plant in Indianapolis such called IPL Generating Station in south Indy...
  3. BakerFan1001

The 3 Main Industries for Freight Trains

Another thing is Diesel takes less electricity and is efficient for more lbs. the trains would be hauling. It would take so much electric to have all those 1ton freight cars to be hauled by. So... Diesel or a new generation steam locomotive does better automatically, that's why EMD and GE Rail...
  4. BakerFan1001

To RCH I disagree with you also RCH. Alternative sources are actually a true waste of money and if we used windmills just to power all of the U.S. it would fail big time. Wind power is 100% useless because you need wind and they also don't produce a lot of Mega Watts and another reason is that...
  5. BakerFan1001

Coal which 43% in 2012 relied on this power source energy for the main electric producer. There are pretty much NO excuses or reasons why coal shouldn't be on a train. Semi-trucks do transport coal faster... but the coal trains carry more and more coal than any other transport for the coal...
  6. BakerFan1001

Union Pacific Railroad Invests Nearly $17 Million to Strengthen Illinois' Transportat

Hmm, no taxpayer dollars? Wow never have seen a Class One railroad do that before! Anyways... I do not get any reasons for UP Railroad to even fund for their Chicago transportation. I supposively think that Union Pacific is a great, great Class One, but I don't need UP to fund to a economical...
  7. BakerFan1001

CSX Shelbyville Secondary Subdivision Questions: Indiana!

I am wondering where the CSX freight trains head off to after CSX had quit running large freight trains through Shelbyville, Indiana? I first look on the sub in east Indy at State Street, then keep on scrolling to the somewhat east and I find a 2 track crossing which the Shelbyville sub trains...
  8. BakerFan1001

The little engine that could ?????

It is not a failure on being a fail of all it's true years in-services. It would be a big failure for a Class I or any other regional, shortlines, or leased railroad co's. Basically, my questions on this loco is that I am wondering how much it could pull and how the engine would be started and...
  9. BakerFan1001

The little engine that could ?????

Looks like the locomotive has had its good days. The loco. is a failure in these days.
  10. BakerFan1001

Genesee & Wyoming to apply there colors on the Indiana Southern Railroad models

I have seen some of the ISRR or Indiana Southern Railroad Company's locomotives painted the Genesee & Wyoming paint colors. I think the colors are orange, yellow, and black possibly? I really do not remember. I also know why they're painting these locos G&W looks. Obviously, G&W Railway or...
  11. BakerFan1001

INRD & CN Railway Intermodal Service Indiana: Date when this actually starts?

I know the construction was appeared in Febuary 2012 or 2013. But, does any of the experts on indiana railroads know when this will start like in late 2013 or late 2014 into 2015?

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)