Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. 1

Trucking Company now blaming Amtrak and UP

A speed governor only keeps the truck from going over a certain speed under power. Going downhill that truck can go as fast as the weight will push it. The company I worked for our trucks were governed at 65 but would easily top that going downhill if you let them. The engine will hold it back...
  2. 1

Metra Locos

that's a good lookin Mack
  3. 1

AC4460CW idle

thanks Chris!
  4. 1

AC4460CW idle

This past Thursday was able to spend some time watching trains at Kansas City Union Station. While there AC4460CW UP 6945 stopped for a bit right in front of where I was parked. It seemed to have a lope to the idle. Is this normal for that model? Most of the locos I've heard idling had a even...
  5. 1

Internet Access

I live out in the country so my choices were dial-up, satellite or wireless broadband though my cell provider. I went with the wireless because it's actually the cheapest option and mobile. If I need to upload a bunch of stuff or download a big file I go to the library in town.
  6. 1

UP Super Bowl Special

thanks Allan
  7. 1

confused

That makes sense. thanks again Michael.
  8. 1

confused

Thanks Michael.
  9. 1

UP Super Bowl Special

At Leavenworth Ks.
  10. 1

UP Super Bowl Special

went through Leavenworth Ks at 1230pm should be in KC by now
  11. 1

UP Super Bowl Special

Brandon, You could try getting some over off of K-5 (Walcott dr.). Take I-435 north from I-70 on the west side of KC(out by Kansas Speedway) to the Walcott dr exit. The tracks and K-5 run parallel for a ways or you could go up to Leavenworth KS. There is a park between the tracks and the...
  12. 1

Does the Chicago Sanitary District own switch engines?

Given the cap on the stack they could be permanently stored or they could just be shut down and the stack capped to keep rain out of the exhaust. btw there are number boards on the one in front. Hard to tell but look closely you can see the number one. at first glance it does look empty though.
  13. 1

confused

thanks Brandon.
  14. 1

confused

Being from Missouri and having never seen the Northeast corridor or Amtrak California in person, I have some questions. First where are the ditch lights on the Acela power cars? Are they the lights right above the red line on the side as seen here? If not are they exempt from this...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)