Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. April

CSX Heritage Units

Now that I have your attention :D if CSX did the same thing that Norfolk Southern has done what predecessor roads (and color schemes) would it encompass? :) April
  2. April

Audio tapes to digital

I have a couple cassettes I recorded in the mid-late 1980's of various trains passing by. Was wondering if there is a simple (and hopefully inexpensive) way to transfer the audio to digital form (to my computer). (longs to hear Missouri Pacific/ex-Rock Island) GP38-2's horns again) :) April
  3. April

Kodachrome rocks!

A while back I picked up some old color slides off ebay. Doing some research I found out that several were taken in 1940 (the colors really held up for being 71 years old). I was wondering what are the oldest Kodachromes any one here on the forum has come across. April
  4. April

NREX 1101 on the move

Found this on a inbound BNSF train here in Tulsa (Oklahoma) today. Can anyone provide any details? April P.S. Yes, I actually made it trackside (for a few minutes). ;)
  5. April

Burned out

I don't know what caused it but the railroad thing does not interest me as much as it once did. While I enjoy reading the posts here it's been seven months since I actually went out and sat trackside to photograph. Has anyone lost interest and found a way to break out of the funk? April
  6. April

Super size me

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2011/16mar_supermoon/ One word. HooooOOOOwwwwWWWWllllllllllll!!!!!!! :D April
  7. April

Favorite Superbowl commercial?

We all know they can be better than the game itself. :p Tell me yours. :) April
  8. April

Give me noise!!

Kinda at a loss right now for stuff to hear so lay 'em on me. Old or new (1990-present). Indie pop, metal, punk, whatever. The more obscure the better. Hook me up. :cool: April
  9. April

TRON: Legacy

Did it live up to the hype? :cool: April

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)