Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. setxrailfan

Santa Fe F Units

Thanks everyone!
  2. setxrailfan

Santa Fe F Units

It has been a while since I last posted photos on here. But, this is my latest catch taken yesterday at Beaumont, TX. The F units are originally SP/T&NO heritage but have been repainted for the Galveston, TX RR Museum to reflect that the museum is housed in the former GC&SF Southern Divison HQ...
  3. setxrailfan

November 3rd Flatonia Fall Pavallion Party

Good photos Joe. There was a lot of railroad action going the last few days in Texas. Flatonia, UP 844 on it's way north leaving Texas and the T&P 316 operating steam locmomotive on the Texas State RR in full T&P paint.
  4. setxrailfan

Central Texas member

Welcome Bret. I am in southeast Texas, Kirbyville (north of Beaumont).
  5. setxrailfan

Signal Replacements on BNSF's Augusta, KS - Ft Worth, TX Line

As I understand it any signals governing train movements that use moving parts to indicate signal aspect are required by the FRA to be removed from service and upgraded to modern standards. On the BNSF I have seen searchlight singanls loaded into gondola cars going to scrap.
  6. setxrailfan

Glennwood Springs CO, Glennwood Canyon

Last time I was through that area was about 20 years ago. It was all D&RGW
  7. setxrailfan

UPRR 7655 Westbound near Marfa, TX

Good photos! I too have seen that park a few times from the Sunset Limited. That train appears to be Z-ATLC (Premium intermodal;Atlanta,GA-Los Angeles,CA)
  8. setxrailfan

Atsf 315 & 316

Jess- Maybe someone will see this and report.
  9. setxrailfan

Atsf 315 & 316

They are not the same ones. The F7's that were flooded were cut up for scrap along with the SP NW2. http://www.facebook.com/?sk=nf#!/media/set/?set=a.10150675835831405.444441.111240061404&type=3 http://www.facebook.com/?sk=nf#!/media/set/?set=a.10151103249841405.484986.111240061404&type=3...
  10. setxrailfan

What is this?

From your description it sounds like the spare knuckle holder. There are two types of knuckles E and F.
  11. setxrailfan

Burned and bummed

Same here Nathan, that is why I'm not taking photos now. Even though I am all around and on them. Before long I will be taking my camera with me to work again. On a side note, next week I will be in central TX and should come back with something.
  12. setxrailfan

A Few From the Chester Sub

Good shots Bill.
  13. setxrailfan

Watco Calendar Contest

Lee- Sorry for the confusion on my part. They want photos of their trains on any of their shortlines or photos from any of their switching locations. Photos from any of their transload, or car repair locations would probably be aceptable also. http://watcocompanies.com/
  14. setxrailfan

Watco Calendar Contest

Get your camera's ready - Watco's 2013 Calendar Contest is underway. First place (cover): $500 Second place: $250. Ten additional prizes to include photo for each month - $100 each Submissions must be received no later than September 30, 2012. For digital photography, 4-color high quality...
  15. setxrailfan

Extreme Trains

In case anyone has ever missed one, most if not all of those episodes are on Youtube.
  16. setxrailfan

Santa Fe #3751 Grand Canyon Trip

Good photos Keith. I've seen some videos on youtube from the chasers the last few days.
  17. setxrailfan

ATSF 3751 to Williams, AZ

Was wondering if anyone is out chasing this train. It departed Los Angeles this morning and is currently getting ready to depart or has already departed Barstow. Near real time updates on the Santa Fe 3751 facebook page.
  18. setxrailfan

Job Satisfaction

I work for Watco's Timber Rock Railroad. June 12 I will be employed with them for 10 years. Previous to that I worked for a railroad switching contractor beginning in May of 1998. The pay is close to what other shortlines in the region pay. Depending on whether you work for one of their...
  19. setxrailfan

WAMX 1500 to Texas!

Originally built as the P&LE 1538 Frame # 72649-5 Was originally leased to El Dorado Chemical at El Dorado, AR

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)