Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. B

C&O 1309 Moves Under Its Own Power

http://railfan.com/co-1309-moves-under-its-own-power-for-first-time-in-64-years/
  2. B

Not your typical railroad story

This video came across my desk, and I thought I'd share it. It's not every day something like this happens:
  3. B

Rock Island Reborn

A freshly-painted GP38 on a new short line is turning heads in Mississippi. In mid-April, photos of Rock Island GP38 4310, dubbed “The America Railfan,” began to emerge on the internet. But perhaps more amazing than the appearance of a Rock Island locomotive in 2020, is the name of the railroad...
  4. B

RRF Coffee Shop

Good morning, and happy First Monday of February! I've noticed the forums haven't been flooded with activity, so I thought I'd start a coffee shop thread, where we can discuss whatever's on our mind at the moment, other than railroad-specific content. With any luck, we'll swing by here for a...
  5. B

AC6000/4400 photos

I'm working on a project, and could really use some photos of the GE AC6000/4400 convertible locomotives. I'm trying to find shots of the roof area, which is one of the few spots that is different on a FDL-equipped unit. Every photo I find online seems to be a side-on or roster shot, of which I...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)