Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. trainboyh16-44

SOO/CP, Flowers, and Mountains

Just got back from a vacation! Spent a bit of time in the area I'm modeling, and chased the one remaining train for a bit. Here I found some fantastic wildflowers to go with the shot, please enjoy!
  2. trainboyh16-44

SP 4449 on Marias Pass, GN Hi-line!

Here's one from nearly 5 years ago.
  3. trainboyh16-44

Epic cabride video - Kootenay Valley Railway

Hey all, thought that I'd share this. It's footage of the CP Rail's Kootenay Valley Railway between Trail and Nelson, BC.
  4. trainboyh16-44

Instagram photos

I don't have instagram (Or an iPhone) but I am definitely interested. You're giving some good insight into what CN in Calgary is about, and I especially enjoyed the photos from the Drumheller sub.
  5. trainboyh16-44

CP 2816 in the mountains

I'm kicking off a new youtube channel that I'm taking more seriously than my spastic uploads of the past, and I thought that a good way to start would be to redo an old favorite. The original video was a lovely windows movie maker creation, but this one has MUCH better sound and quality. Please...
  6. trainboyh16-44

A day with the E&N (SVI) - Dec 27, 2012

Either way I'll be traveling it. What are the grades like between Nanaimo and Victoria?
  7. trainboyh16-44

A day with the E&N (SVI) - Dec 27, 2012

There's a lot of hope about restoring the line. Bottom line is that about 1 in 5 ties need replacing, and though the federal government's said they'll chip in most of the cost, they haven't yet.
  8. trainboyh16-44

FEMA DEATH TRAINS and you.

...You should only say it to Ham :p
  9. trainboyh16-44

Abandoned steam locomotive on CPR’s BIG Hill.

Being over a hundred years old, it's deteriorated noticeably in the past 20 years since those photos were taken. It's still a worthwhile little hike to go on. I've seen a bear nearly every time I've been there!
  10. trainboyh16-44

FEMA DEATH TRAINS and you.

This video is bad and you should feel bad.
  11. trainboyh16-44

Royal Hudson Steam Train remembered

200-300 per train sounds like a lot...what's the capacity of the trains they ran?
  12. trainboyh16-44

Snoqualmie Tunnel reopens

...You don't say... Thank you for this enlightening piece of information.
  13. trainboyh16-44

Has technology really made the hobby (and your life) better?

I can't see how anyone could possibly say that technology has made it worse. Let's be very honest here...who is forcing you to use digital?
  14. trainboyh16-44

Former CNW E8 now painted SP pulls Dinner Train on CP

There's something patently strange about seeing an SP E unit in that corner of the country.
  15. trainboyh16-44

Is it worth using film anymore?

Not just a roll, enough that they either run out of money or figure out how to use it correctly! It took me more than one roll to appreciate it.
  16. trainboyh16-44

Is it worth using film anymore?

Absolutely. Make sure the light meter works properly! Slide film is the hardest to expose correctly. If you like saturated colours, go for fuji Velvia. If you like boring roster shots with faithful, flat colours, go for provia ;)
  17. trainboyh16-44

KOMO TV4 Seattle Rail Security 11/7 @ 11pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32UGD0fV45g
  18. trainboyh16-44

How often has this happened to you?

Pfft, you can't fix the exposure in manual? ;)
  19. trainboyh16-44

Occupy Portland "Mom" Puts 4-Year Old On Tracks

Yeah, she's an idiot, but I think people should really shut up about how Occupy protestors should occupy jobs that don't give you a living wage, on unrelated forums. You're missing the entire point of the thing as badly as this stupid, stupid woman.
  20. trainboyh16-44

platform damage at the Tukwila Station

I had to look up which road Strander Boulevard is, but looking at it in google maps...could they not be completed separately of each other?

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)