Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Cliffs

Columbia Basin RR at Moon Road

A quartet of 567 Power grinds up the grade out of Connell, WA after exchanging cars with BNSF's Connell Turn. Sept., 2015 https://railroadforums.com/forum/index.php?media/columbia-basin-rr-at-moon-road-jpg.43097/
  2. Cliffs

UP 6853 S/B on Oregon Trunk

Just now getting a track warrant from OT Jct. @ 21:15. Probably about 5 hours to Bend. About a 6,000 ft. train length.
  3. Cliffs

UP 1989 -- D&RGW Heritage

W/B through Biggs Jct., OR at 06:30. Double-stacks headed to Seattle. UP 8218 leading. D&RGW is the second motor, facing forward.
  4. Cliffs

Manufacturing SY Class Steam Locomotives in China

Here is a posting from a European steel industry blog. This one deals with manufacturing SY Class steamers in China and shows some views from the manufacturing shops. http://www.steel-industry.org/2013/04/10/manufacturing-steam-locomotives/ These are the photos illustrated in the story, as...
  5. Cliffs

SP 343 - Unpatched

SP 343 came west through the Columbia River Gorge yesterday on its way to Portland with a string of grainers. This morning, it came back through heading east with a load of double-stacks. They went by MP-103 of the UP Portland Sub this morning about 11:00. UP 6572, SP 343, UP 3894. Here...
  6. Cliffs

UP Officer Special - Heading to La Grande

East-bound past MP-109 at Rufus on the Portland sub about 15:00. I haven't heard what the plans are after la Grande. UP 7749 is the sole power, with business cars UP 150 - Sunset and UP 140 - Stanford enjoying the view.
  7. Cliffs

Unit Oil Train in the Gorge

W/B through Maryhill, WA about 11:20. I didn't catch the lead locomotive number. About 100 new shiny tank cars with a buffer car at each end. 2 + 2 power. Should be passing through Vancouver, WA about 14:30. I expect it will make its way north from there to Anacortes.
  8. Cliffs

OCS - Vancouver Bound

Heads up on the west side of the mountains. The OCS is coming your way. They came through Maryhill at 15:47 this afternoon.
  9. Cliffs

Film Crew In The Gorge

Anyone know anything about the film crew in the Columbia River Gorge? They got some nice footage of these shiny GEVOs at Wishram today.
  10. Cliffs

Spike Detail on the Oregon Trunk

Tuesday was a good day for a hike in the Deschutes canyon. A southbound came rumbling by before I could get to a good vantage point. I wasn’t able to get a shot of the head end power, but I managed get a couple of the DPUs. Pictures from #3 onwards are cropped from larger frames, so the...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)