Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Union Pacific E9's on Sherman Hill near Tie Siding, Wyoming - April 23, 1994.

Union Pacific E9's on Sherman Hill near Tie Siding, Wyoming - April 23, 1994.

Union Pacific E9's on Sherman Hill near Tie Siding, Wyoming - April 23, 1994.
  2. Mt Baker International Inaugural

Mt Baker International Inaugural

Passenger rail service resumes between Seattle and Vancouver BC after a long absence. The inaugural run of Amtrak Mt Baker International passes along Puget Sound at Edmonds, Washington - May 24, 1995.
  3. S

Ffestiniog Railway at Blaenau, Wales UK

I was introduced to this cartoonie looking critter and came away completely impressed! This is Ffestiniog Railway 2' gauge Double Fairlie articulated 0-4-4-0 David Lloyd George (built 1992 at Boston Lodge). I only rode because of a scheduling mistake that resulted from my own miscalculation. I...
  4. BNSF intermodal crosses Lake Pend Oreille

BNSF intermodal crosses Lake Pend Oreille

A BNSF intermodal crosses Lake Pend Oreille at Sagle, Idaho - May 15, 2004. — in Sagle, Idaho.
  5. Amtrak Cascades #509 at Puyallup, Washington

Amtrak Cascades #509 at Puyallup, Washington

Amtrak Cascades #509 at Puyallup, Washington - May 14, 2006. — at Chief Leschi Schools.
  6. Canadian Pacific 4-6-4 2816 at Palliser, British Columbia

Canadian Pacific 4-6-4 2816 at Palliser, British Columbia

Canadian Pacific 4-6-4 2816 gets rolled by at a meet with a westbound at Palliser, British Columbia - May 14, 2004.
  7. Union Pacific 3985 with white driver tires arrives at Speer, Wyoming - May 27, 1984

Union Pacific 3985 with white driver tires arrives at Speer, Wyoming - May 27, 1984

I'm digging around and found an unlabeled box of Kodachrome. The mounts were labeled June 1986 which threw me off for a while until I looked close and found a picture of me among the frames. Some more research and figured out the events and train consist matched at trip from 1984. My brother...
  8. Union Pacific 3985 is southbound at Commerce City, CO

Union Pacific 3985 is southbound at Commerce City, CO

Union Pacific 3985 is southbound at Commerce City, Colorado - May 14, 1993. This is an equipment move for a Denver-Laramie excursion the following day. 3985 is wearing 'elephant ears' and will be renumbered 3967 tonight for tomorrows trip.
  9. Metra F40PH 154 heading out on the CNW Harvard Subdivision

Metra F40PH 154 heading out on the CNW Harvard Subdivision

Metra F40PH 154 heading out on the CNW Harvard Subdivision at Ohio Street in Chicago, Illinois - May 13, 2019. — in Chicago, Illinois.
  10. S

Spirit of Washington Startup, 1992

Now that the train has reached Renton, the inaugural trips began. Waiting to board the pre-inaugural trip for the press of the Spirit of Washington Dinner Train in Renton, Washington - April 29, 1992. — at Spirit of Washington Dinner Train. Spirit of Washington Dinner Train with ex-NP GP9's...
  11. S

Spirit of Washington Startup, 1992

Photo series documenting the Spirit of Washington Dinner train's move to Western, WA and the inaugural runs. The train was originally based on the Washington Central and did runs out of Yakima. It was decided to move to Seattle since there was a much larger customer base. The Stampede Pass line...
  12. Spirit Of Washington Dinner Train's first revenue run at Renton, Washington

Spirit Of Washington Dinner Train's first revenue run at Renton, Washington

Washington Central GP9 302 (built 1957 as NP 316 became Columbia Basin 302) pulling the Spirit Of Washington Dinner Train's first revenue run at Ripley Way in Renton, Washington - May 3, 1992.
  13. Spirit Of Washington Dinner Train's first revenue run at Woodinville, WA

Spirit Of Washington Dinner Train's first revenue run at Woodinville, WA

Washington Central GP9 302 (built 1957 as NP 316 became Columbia Basin 302) pulling the Spirit Of Washington Dinner Train's first revenue run at Woodinville, Washington - May 3, 1992.
  14. BNSF garbage train near Lyle, Washington

BNSF garbage train near Lyle, Washington

BNSF garbage train westbound along the Columbia River near Lyle, Washington - May 5, 2012. — in Lyle, Washington.
  15. Port of Grays Harbor 5 and Hammond Lumber 17 are at Frederickson, WA

Port of Grays Harbor 5 and Hammond Lumber 17 are at Frederickson, WA

Port of Grays Harbor 5 and Hammond Lumber 17 are at Frederickson, Washington for Tacoma Railfan Days - May 4, 2002.
  16. Mt Rainier Scenic Railroad's Hammond Lumber 2-8-2T 17 crossing the ex-Milwaukee Road trestle in Tacoma, WA

Mt Rainier Scenic Railroad's Hammond Lumber 2-8-2T 17 crossing the ex-Milwaukee Road trestle in Tacoma, WA

Mt Rainier Scenic Railroad's Hammond Lumber 2-8-2T 17 is crossing the ex-Milwaukee Road trestle as part of Railfan Days in Tacoma, Washington - May 5, 2002. — in Tacoma, Washington.
  17. SP 4449 @ Edmonds 1996

SP 4449 @ Edmonds 1996

Southern Pacific 4449 comes through while the ferry is in the dock at Edmonds, Washington - May 5, 1996.
  18. MRSR Alco S1 30 at Morton, WA

MRSR Alco S1 30 at Morton, WA

Northern Pacific Terminal Alco S1 30 (built 1940) in work train service on the Mt Rainier Scenic at Morton, Washington - June 1992.
  19. Rio Grande OY narrow-gauge rotary snowplow tripleheader

Rio Grande OY narrow-gauge rotary snowplow tripleheader

Twenty-seven years ago today: Rio Grande OY narrow-gauge rotary snowplow assisted by three K36 2-8-2's clear the line between Coxo and Windy Point at MP 331.5 on the Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad - May 4, 1993.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)