Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. K

Latah Creek Railroad Bridge - Spokane, WA

FYI, the low side is the Lakeside sub and starts at Sunset Jct and goes all the way the Pasco. Kevin
  2. K

BNSF 1551 Back In Seattle

Its been in Spokane too. Kevin
  3. K

Burlington Northern 3084

Woops, I guess I spoke to soon. I was thinking this was a BN GP40-2. Weren't these leased from GATX alsong with Some SD40's? BN Photo Archives shows them as GP40G's and the SD40G's. Kevin
  4. K

Burlington Northern 3084

They lasted from 1979 to 1997 on the BN. There was something wired about the long term lease on these these. Something like the KCS financed them for the FRisco. Kevin
  5. K

What Boots Do You Wear?

I also wear Redwings. With some polish every now and then I can make them last and look great for several years. Kevin
  6. K

The Latest SD59MX 9916

I wish BNSF would do this with there SD60M's. There very tired and the cabs are garbage. Kevin
  7. K

Bnsf-929999

I have never seen the Spokane car used. It has moved around the yard a little. I have used a fire car out of Pasco though. The one I used is a old white tank car, I think it was a CB&Q car at one time. It had a small generator on it that powered a pump that they had a fire hose attached to. The...
  8. K

BNSF rail thru Longview, Wa

That's a good one. Kevin
  9. K

is freight "Going Green"?

If saying your green because you mode of transit is more fuel efficant then yes. I see more waste at work, from paper to fuel that any "green" program is accidental. Kevin
  10. K

BNSF train symbol help

When I get a stack train that has a "k" at the end it is heavy, like over tonage heavy. I always thought it meant heavy. kevin
  11. K

Large wheels create better traction?

Im going out on a limb here but newwer engines have bigger traction moters. Larger wheels may be needed to fit the traction moter as they take up more space. Kevin
  12. K

EWG doings ... and the caboose

I wandered around the caboose at yardley and noticed what looked like absobernt pads on the floor and the distinct smell of diesel. Does it still smell? It was a nice looking caboose but I was disapointed I could not find any torpedos inside as we always here the Canadien stuff has them. Kevin
  13. K

BNSF 2096 still has classification lights!

I wonder if these were some of the last Canadien qualified locomotives BN had hanging around Everett for the North Branch. They recived a waiver a few years back to allow them to run anything on the point. KEvin
  14. K

How would BNSF handle this situation?

A hi-rail could be sent in to get them, or if all else the crew could be ordered to take the train or light power out. It has to be a pretty good emergency to have a crew excedee there 12 hours but it can be done. Kevin
  15. K

POOR service on over-booked Coast Starlight

It sounds like to me that Amtrak saw a 15 year old boy they could push around and treat like crap. If you paid for a coach seat one should have been provided. If one was not avalible some sort of re-fund should be in order. I dead head on Amrtak often enough but only for a 3-4 hour period. If i...
  16. K

Problem on the Scenic sub??

I am not sure you would want to run a passenger train over that line in its current condition. I always felt with Sound transit and Amtrak eating up more time on the coast/Seattle that BNSF should have at least upgraded the Woodenville sub with some better track and a few sidings and it could...
  17. K

BNSF Funnel / Hi-Line / MRL traffic levels

BNSF is open once agine on the northern lines. Word at work is the culprit was a broken wheel, not a slide. That would make 3 derailments caused by broken wheels in Montana in the last month. The Wild Wheel Detector's have also been hammering us on bad wheels lately... I think BNSF may have...
  18. K

Sound Transit's Missing Mile

I thought the Starlight was going to continue to use the exsisting route. Kevin
  19. K

MRL could not handle all of our trains, I am sure BNSF will detour some but only what MRL can handle crew wise. We were staging trains tonight between Spokane and Bonners Ferry for when things open up. Kevin
  20. K

It is more like a parking lot right now. Kevin

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)