Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. S

BNSF 1551 Back In Seattle

BNSF 1551, the SD9-3 that worked the hump the Balmer hump in Seattle for many years, has returned. I haven't been to Balmer for a month or so, so I don't know exactly when it came back. Last I knew, it was at Topeka with a bad order main generator.
  2. S

Pasco WA derailment

Just heard something about a switching accident at Pasco WA. Involved at least one tank car carrying Ethanol which is leaking.
  3. S

KOMO TV4 Seattle Rail Security 11/7 @ 11pm

Seattle's KOMO TV channel 4 will air a program about rail security at 11:00pm Monday night (11/7).
  4. S

BNSF Officers Special in Seattle

Saw the BNSF business train at Balmer this afternoon. About 14 cars, had all the usual passes, towns, and rivers. People were busy washing windows and doing repairs. I don't think the power had been so clean since it left Erie. Noticed the Rollins Pass had some wrinkles in the roof, like it...
  5. S

New Tacoma Train?

Yesterday morning (9/20), I thought I heard a TACVAN mentioned on the radio. But I never heard it mentioned again. Is this something new or was I just hearing things? The power might have been 5387-8126-4464.
  6. S

Bnsf 1551

Anyone know the location and status of BNSF 1551 that worked the hump at Balmer?
  7. S

UP symbol for Seattle trash

Can anyone tell me what the symbols are for the UP trash trains in and out of Seattle? Thanks
  8. S

New Prince Rupert export coal train

Here's the CN power sitting at Auburn WA for the second BNSF/CN Prince Rupert export coal train.
  9. S

Attn MP18 NB coal

Attention MP 18 gang, northbound loaded coal departing Auburn WA at 12:15pm.
  10. S

Ped accident Seattle Holgate St

Pedestrian must have walked in front of a northbound loaded coal train at Holgate Street in Seattle just a short while ago. Police have both sides of the crossing taped off and the power is stopped about 15 cars north if the crossing.
  11. S

Dwayne's Photo

Anyone send any Kodachrome film to Dwayne's in the final week and have it processed after Dec 31st? I overnighted 100 rolls the last week of December and just got them back today. I'm just curious what your slides looked like.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)