Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. B_Kosanda

The Last Unpatched SP C44-9W?

I was surprised to catch this Southern Pacific loco on the UP Chester Sub in Illinois. I thought they were long gone, but I guess there are still a few pulling coal trains. Nice move putting it on the point. Bill
  2. B_Kosanda

A little fall in Spokane

Did you hear any crews make a comment about seeing a rail fan in a tree? Now that would be good. Bill
  3. Still Running

Still Running

Moving along on new rails and ties at Peruque Creek Road in Saint Charles, County Missouri.
  4. Back For More

Back For More

A coal train passing in front of its customer. This one is at Machens, MO on the BNSF Hannibal Sub.
  5. B_Kosanda

Sunday On The Hill

What a life! Trains and football. :)
  6. CSXT at Dalbow Road

CSXT at Dalbow Road

This eastbound visitor is moving quickly on new rails and ties. Shot at Dalbow Road in St. Charles county Missouri at first light.
  7. CSXT at Machens

CSXT at Machens

I've been seeing a lot of CSX trains on the BNSF Hannibal sub lately, here's an eastbounder at Machens, MO.
  8. Coming Out of the Shadows

Coming Out of the Shadows

This loaded coal train makes its way west to St. Louis at Dalbow Road in St. Charles County Missouri.
  9. B_Kosanda

Comment by 'B_Kosanda' in media 'CSX 4795'

Nicely done, well lit and overall a great photo.
  10. Peruque Creek Bridge

Peruque Creek Bridge

A CSX visitor passing through one of the many slow orders on the Hannibal sub, which is undergoing a major rail and tie replacement this summer.
  11. Visitor at Apex

Visitor at Apex

A very rare CSX visitor on the BNSF Hannibal sub at Apex, MO
  12. Orchard Farm

Orchard Farm

A west bounder in the early morning sun at Orchard Farm, MO on the BNSF Hannibal Sub
  13. B_Kosanda

BNSF Southern Transcon Visit

I really have not found a need for a scanner. The trains come so often, it seems I have never really waited too long for a train. Really a big change from what I'm used to.
  14. B_Kosanda

#9 - The awesome view from the new Bayport Ave. bridge. It doesn't get any better than this. Sun at your back, 65 degrees with a nice breeze (and a train every 15 minutes). #10 - Amtrack at the Crystal Ave. bridge. I can't tell what the first car is, but it looks like a bus... #11 -...
  15. B_Kosanda

#5 - Here's an interesting shot of my shadow on the containers as a train rips past the Anchor Road bridge. It's a little disorienting standing right over the train on the bridge. #6 - A MOW equipment train passing near the Hwy Z crossing near Ethel, MO. #7 - I then moved on to the...
  16. B_Kosanda

I decided to head out to the BNSF Transcon in Missouri yesterday. It takes about 3 hours to get there, so I left home around 3:30 am and arrived in Bucklin, MO around 6:30, just prior to the sun coming up. With Egg McMuffin and coffee in hand all I had to do was wait for the trains to appear...
  17. B_Kosanda

[Germany]Summer holiday part 2 (27pic)

The overhead wires in the Leipzig photo 9 are quite a mess for sure. Excellent photos. Bill
  18. B_Kosanda

Comment by 'B_Kosanda' in media 'Norfolk Southern Midwest'

Great catch of an old locomotive
  19. B_Kosanda

Comment by 'B_Kosanda' in media 'Nice Post Card Shot'

Yes, a real postcard shot
  20. B_Kosanda

Kansas City Southern through Central Missouri

I've had really poor luck on that line, catching only a couple trains in many attempts. The NS Saint Louis District out in Mexico also has a low number of trains. Bill

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)