Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. G

New power on the way for Tacoma Rail

For the last few months a pair of EMD/Cat Demonstrator SD70ACe's (#2012 and another) have been parked at Progress Rail in Tacoma. Recently they moved, one unit was at the Tacoma Rail open house last weekend. Tonight coming home from work I saw the other unit. It has was parked outside in the...
  2. G

Tacoma Rail Heritage Caboose & Open House

First off, no picture. lol. Now that that's out of the way, I was driving home from work very early this morning (still dark, thus no picture) and saw sitting in the Tacoma Progress Rail yard Tacoma Rail's old Chehalis & Western caboose. They ditched the faded yellow paint for some vintage...
  3. G

Derailment on the Tehachapi Loop 5/20/13

My dad just called me as he was headed to Barstow and saw there's a derailment on the Loop. Anyone down that way able to go check it out?
  4. G

New 1/8th scale railroad in Skykomish, WA

Saw this and thought I'd pass the link along. http://www.king5.com/news/environment/Skykomish-gets-new-RR-on-track-206046321.html
  5. G

Port of Tacoma Derailment

As of 2pm PST today there was a derailment maybe 200 yards south of the Port of Tacoma South Intermodal Yard, just on the east side of the Lincoln Ave. Overpass. I only stopped briefly to snap a picture as there was a UP truck there and they were offloading machinery to deal with the situation...
  6. G

7x2 power through Tacoma

A northbound grain unit train just passed along Ruston Way (12:40 PST) with 7 head-end power and 2 rear DPU's. No pictures but thought I'd give a heads up to the power move.
  7. G

Minor loaded coal train derailment in Auburn, WA?

My dad was just telling me that around Noon today he was driving through Auburn and saw 4 or so loaded coal cars off the rails (tipped at an angle, not laying on their sides) in the Auburn yard. The fire department was on the scene and had a couple of the road's lanes blocked. Anyone know...
  8. G

Bright Yellow Visitor @ Progressive Rail in Tacoma

As I drove by Progressive Rail yesterday (March 4th around 3pm), I saw Amtrak California F59PHI #2007 parked in their yard. I didn't have my camera with me so wasn't able to snap a picture. :-( Heres' a link to a picture of it (though not in Tacoma)...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)