Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. kskcsfan

KCS Camping at Corning

A couple weeks ago my friend Lance Garrels and I took of on an unexpected impromptu trip, as with most trips he and I take we had no set plan but he decided to give me options, "Well pal, we can go up northwest of Marysville (Kansas) or we can go over to Kansas City". Living in the Manhattan, KS...
  2. kskcsfan

Headin' to Marysville!

Via Hiawatha... Back on May 31st, 2013 I found myself, along with a pair of fans some of you may have heard of, Lance Garrels and Luke Lohrmeyer chasing trains around Kansas City, my duo of friends had done this the day before, and ended up chasing a coal train to Marysville, via Hiawatha Lukes...
  3. kskcsfan

A day in Alma, KS

Alma, KS. A town of 832, is a sleepy community in Wabaunsee County, KS. Sleepy as it may be, it is the county seat and features a few eating establishments and a gas station, and of course, what else but a railroad track. Union Pacifics Topeka Subdivision splits the bar and Alma Cheeses' factory...
  4. kskcsfan

A few from Kansas

Been well over a year since I posted here so I thought I'd toss up a few random shots from this year. 1) Not a very good shot, but certainly a note worthy catch, UP 1996 westbound near McFarland, KS on the Golden State Route with train IDULB-19, February 19th 2) UP 5803 westbound with coal...
  5. kskcsfan

Topeka, KS 8/5/2011

Well on Friday Luke (nwkrailfan), a guy named Lance who's not an RRF member (santafe199 on TO), and myself headed down to Topeka to spend the evening railfanning, despite some conflicts in meeting the two the trip went relatively as planned. First off immediately after arriving in the Topeka...
  6. kskcsfan

Recent KP with UP 2010

7-17-2011 I was on Facebook, talking to Atreyu (gt3corn), Luke (nwkrailfan), and Jeff (UP Salina Sub) like always when Jeff mentioned an eastbound grain train coming with an SD9043MAC leading. I managed to catch it, and UP 6899 leading a westbound grain train. UP 8054 by stgeorgeksrailfan...
  7. kskcsfan

Single Shot From a Single Man

Well, call me a dog but on the 15th I had a girlfriend, on the 16th I didn't and now today I do. I guess I moved on quicker than I imagined. It wasn't really even a sad break up, it was long over due to happen. It's one thing to have a hobby, but it's another to choose that hobby over someone...
  8. kskcsfan

UP/JB Hunt question

What happened to UP hauling JB Hunt containers in stack form? They were doing it for a while in late 2010/early 2011, did they quit hauling them or have I just not seen them do it lately? It's been a while since I've seen any of the trains notable for them to be hauled on.
  9. kskcsfan

Stacks, LHF and more!

I've built up quite the backlog lately, not even gonna describe the pictures because I'm feeling lazy. 7/11/11 UP 7732 eastbound UP intermodal train by stgeorgeksrailfan, on Flickr 7/12/11 UP 652 westbound UP manifest train by stgeorgeksrailfan, on Flickr UP 652 eastbound UP...
  10. kskcsfan

How bout a REAL heritage unit?

Well, I was pretty bummed out after missing a light power move, don't see those too often but luck would have it SP 187 was making its way east, trailing on a coal train of course. I tried to salvage what I could of these low light photos, gonna try to land a job so maybe, before the tough...
  11. kskcsfan

3rd time's the charm! UP 1989

Finally, the 3rd Heritage Unit through here in the last week, I get to see! UP 1989 visits this part of the KP for the first time ever, leading the 2011 Inspection Special running today as the SSSHN-10 from Sharon Springs, Kansas to Herington, Kansas. However it wont make it to Herington today...
  12. kskcsfan

ACe in charge!

It's definately no DDA40X (pun intended on the Omaha area guys) but UP 8598 leads the ZSEMN 03 east on the KP with UP 4102 and UP 5222 second and third, on the back is UP 7468 as DPU. UP 8598 eastbound UP intermodal train by stgeorgeksrailfan, on Flickr Thanks for viewing, Copyright 2011...
  13. kskcsfan

Z train on the KP yet again

The ZSEMN had been getting rerouted consistently over the KP, there's already another one in eastern Colorado. Here's one I saw today, this is the 4th one to run on the KP with a DPU EVER and the first one to not have autoracks in this stint of reroutes. UP 7720 takes full advantage of the 60...
  14. kskcsfan

UP 7200 east w/FXE 4601

These are either too sharp, or not sharp enough as always. UP train GSOLHO-01 heads east with UP 7200, FXE 4601, and UP 8118 as DPU. UP 7200 eastbound UP loaded grain train by stgeorgeksrailfan, on Flickr FXE 4601 on eastbound UP loaded grain train by stgeorgeksrailfan, on Flickr...
  15. kskcsfan

Dreams do come true!

When I was 9, my mom came home one day telling me about a couple trains she saw at work, she's not a railfan but she knows train types, and not one but TWO of those had intermodal traffic on them, this being on the KP line I'd always wanted to see an intermodal train here, which would happen...
  16. kskcsfan

Northeastern Kansas, 6-26-2011

Here are some not so great photos taken from a moving vehicle of various trains on the Kansas Sub, as well as some better shots from out in the boondocks and in Manhattan. UP 4365 leads the ZMNSE west UP 4365 westbound UP intermodal train by stgeorgeksrailfan, on Flickr 365 leads the ZMNSE...
  17. kskcsfan

Another reroute

These shots are backlit as hell, but hey it's atleast a good consist and an abnormal train UP train OW1T1D 12: UP 6610 C44ACCTE, UP 6612 C44ACCTE, UP 2337 SD60M, UP 6787 C44AC UP 6610 eastbound UP loaded soda ash train by stgeorgeksrailfan, on Flickr 005UP2337 by stgeorgeksrailfan, on...
  18. kskcsfan

Autoracks out number coal on the KP (for me)

First up is a grab shot of the first KP reroute, one that typically gets rerouted in the summer any how. The AAMCY 12 UP 3867 and 9600 lead the 81 car train UP 9600 on westbound UP loaded autorack train by stgeorgeksrailfan, on Flickr UP 7885 leads the 77 car ARLBIR 11 all by itself UP...
  19. kskcsfan

My golden moment

Well, today it was me instead of the other Luke (nwkrailfan) who got a golden moment. UP 6828 leads a grain train west UP 6828 westbound UP empty grain train by stgeorgeksrailfan, on Flickr CNW Hopper CNW 178190 by stgeorgeksrailfan, on Flickr Newer UP Hopper UP 91707 by...
  20. kskcsfan

It rain last night...

Just a little bit of rain, no big deal :rolleyes: This river is usually about 7-10 feet deep, after last nights storms, it's about 18-19 feet. To keep this slightly RR related, high water and washouts have closed UP's KP line temporarily. Yes, I deliberately said rain instead of rained, just to...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)