Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Jon Bentz

Scenic Sub Slides

Got the same problem near the Norma Beach boathouse. Fortunately it's not along the ROW but about 150' up the road. It's been running for over a year now. Part of the hillside above slid into a house resulting in the structure being condemned. When it's raining the county is down there daily...
  2. Jon Bentz

Cumbres & Toltec Railroad Commission names Mark B. Garcia as Executive Director

I've been tracking this on the Narrow Gauge Discussion Forum. The C&TSRR really seems to be getting their 'ducks in a row' after the departure of American Heritage Railways. Not only is Garcia highly qualified, John Bush has a long history with rail preservation and operation of heritage...
  3. Jon Bentz

New Cascades Talgo

There's a very complete article on the Talgo trains for Wisconsin ( will never run there as long as the Tea Party is in control ) and the two sets that have been ordered by the State of Oregon. The cab car was modified to deal with the blind spots for a two person crew. That said, there is still...
  4. Jon Bentz

What did UP do to their retired 4-6-6-4 3985

Just read recently in another forum that it is undergoing boiler repairs in Cheyenne. I'm not sure when it's supposed to be finished but I suppose that it will be ready by the UP 150th anniversary celebrations.
  5. Jon Bentz

Royal Hudson Steam Train remembered

I've had the good fortune to have ridden behind both Royal Hudsons that were operational during the 1970's and '80's. The other hudson was CP 2839 which was part of the Southern Ry steam program for one year ( I think it was 1978 ). Here are shots of 2060 and 2939. Of the two, the 2860...
  6. Jon Bentz

SD 60M on the Aniie Branch

Wow! That is different. Thanks for the update Martin and have a very happy Thanksgiving!!
  7. Jon Bentz

The Juice Train - Time Lapse

Very, very, very cool!!!
  8. Jon Bentz

Seeking pictures of Weyerhaeuser GP9 #308..

In this photo, the fifth unit in the consist is a Weyerhauser SW1500 numbered 308. Were there 4 units numbered 308 on the roster?:confused: Also, the other 308's sister 309 is the fourth unit.
  9. Jon Bentz

Unit Oil Train in the Gorge

Thanks John. Yeah - very different - and it smelled like crude.
  10. Jon Bentz

Unit Oil Train in the Gorge

I caught a SB empty in Marysville on Wednesday. Every car in the train had either an 02-12 or 03-12 built date. 1. 7606 leads SB oil empty's in Marysville. 2. Tanks, tanks, tanks rolling through Bridge 38.
  11. Jon Bentz

Some photos of my railfanning around the East Bay 2012

Nice series. I noticed some young railfans at the Emeryville station in one of your shots. Good to see some young blood in the hobby.
  12. Jon Bentz

Comment by 'Jon Bentz' in media 'CNRW Decatur-Peoria Ill. local'

Nice shot - GTW 5847 is an ex-PL&E unit.
  13. Jon Bentz

Comment by 'Jon Bentz' in media 'E22A'

Milwaukee Road Olympian leaving Seattle, Washington. I would be nice if folks would bother to include a description when they post images.
  14. Jon Bentz

New Cascades Talgo

You got that right Sam!!
  15. Jon Bentz

BNSF 1551 Back In Seattle

Yea!! I miss that old girl.:D Here's a shot from 4-28-2008 at Balmer.
  16. Jon Bentz

India 2012 - 20: Goa - Diesel in Paradise III: Dudhsagar Falls (50 p.)

Once again you've done a fantastic job of photographing interesting and exotic India!! Thanks for sharing - I look forward to your next post.
  17. Jon Bentz

A few from the past several days(6-8 & 6-11)

Nice photos - thanks for posting. We used to see those CEFX units on UP trains a lot out here in the Seattle area.
  18. Jon Bentz

South African Class 6E1 Locomotive

Thanks Kevin - really too bad - such beautiful scenery to photograph trains running through.
  19. Jon Bentz

Gn 1600 sb

For those who may not know what unit John is referring to - here's a shot of 1600 from September 14, 2005 at Bayside yard in Everett departing on the Sumas Turn. The unit has been off the BNSF roster for quite a while. Last time I saw it was in Auburn with 'GN' spray painted over the BNSF logo...
  20. Jon Bentz

South African Class 6E1 Locomotive

Very interesting units. Seems like there have been a lot of changes on Spoornet. Line closures etc. Not to mention the movement away from mainline steam tours. What's the status of Montague Pass? It appears to have been downgraded with some kind of 'Power Van' tourist operation.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)