Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Welcome to RailroadForums.com, your home for trains on the web!

1. westbnsf

Big Sky and Tiny Trains.....Montana Style

It has been awhile since I spent some time out photographing trains. With a few days off I decided Montana was calling. Montana....with huge open spaces, steep mountain grades, and big blue skies. It is on trips like this were I love putting away the long lens and shooting lots of wide...
  2. westbnsf

A little fall in Spokane

With the nice weather we have been receiving I decided to see what was left of the fall colors. Unfortunately the fog was so thick that it didn't burn off until noon so the morning was pretty much shot. But the tracks were busy and in all I saw 20 trains in about 6 hours. UP 1201 is the...
  3. westbnsf

A late Empire Builder

I got a tip through Facebook of the #7 Empire Builder using a BNSF locomotive on the point. As I checked in with its progress across the states I was delighted to see it fall farther and farther behind. Finally by the time it reached Idaho it was running 8+ hours late which meant I could...
  4. westbnsf

A snowy day on the BNSF Funnel

The weatherman predicted partly cloudy skies for Sunday, December 30th. So I headed out with hopes of catching some trains, sun, and snow. Unfortunately the weatherman was wrong as it snowed most of the day under all cloudy skies, but the trains were abundant! 1. A westbound stack train...
  5. westbnsf

Latah Creek Bridge

I spent a couple hours this evening around the Latah Creek Bridge on the west side of Spokane, WA. Traffic was pretty steady even with the derailment on the Lakeside Sub. 1. The Lind Turn leaving town on its way to Cheney and points west. 2. Typical power for the local with an SD40-2, a...
  6. westbnsf

Ten in 10'

It has been a little while since I posted here, but with the new year I am planing to be around this forum a little more. So to kick it off here are my ten favorites from 2010. 1) A westbound manifest train following the Columbia River. 2) Two CSX units pull hard on the front of a loaded...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.