Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Welcome to RailroadForums.com, your home for trains on the web!

1. Tuscor

The ex-NP from Spokane to Sandpoint

From Spokane, WA to Sandpoint, ID the BNSF follows the route of the Northern Pacific, and after March 3, 1970 the BN. I have seen many changes since I took my first photo at of an eastbound BN train at Careywood in 1983 up to the present. I'll use this thread to show old photos from the BN era...
  2. Tuscor

Providence Hill Diary

Welcome to the Providence Hill Diary. Like the Stampede Pass Diary before it this Diary will cover former Northern Pacific trackage taking up where the Stampede/Yakima Valley Subs leaves off on NP's former transcon from Pasco to Spokane, WA, BNSF's Lakeside Sub. Unlike the Stampede Sub there...
  3. Tuscor

Afternoon at McCarver street

I decided I wanted to do something a little different today. Usually I am out on the ex-NP mainline somewhere in Eastern Washington but wanted to spend the day on this side of the mountains. I picked Tacoma as there were a few locations I wanted to get to along Ruston Way. It was about 1:30...
  4. Tuscor

BNSF's Stampede Sub in the 1990's

I've been going through many of my photos taken around the time Stampede Pass was reopened after December of 1996 and am finding I visited the line quite a bit in the late 90's. I decided it would be fun to concentrate on the time the line was reopened up to December 1999 to get an idea of how...
  5. Tuscor

Rainy Day Sunday

Went up to Stevens Pass yesterday 10-30-11 looking for Fall colors but got a lot of rain instead. 1-2) First train was westbound #7, the Empire Builder at Gold Bar with the 17/153. This is at 08:02 AM. Westbound BNSF Z-CHCSSE was the next train I saw at 12:49 PM, a long wait between...
  6. Tuscor

Red Saturday

Headed to Tacoma, WA yesterday afternoon to see what was going on and stopped by the Tacoma Rail shops first and caught the 3001 and 3801. 1) SD45's always look great from the rear! The 3001 was built as Penn Central SD45 6237 in 1968 and later became Conrail 6237. After that it went to the...
  7. Tuscor

Labor Day Trip to the MRL

Last Saturday at this time I was driving across Eastern WA to St Regis MT for a long weekend of photographing the MRL. After stopping at Easton for some photos of the town I went on past Ellensburg without seeing or hearing anything on the scanner. Still not much going on the Stampede Sub...
  8. Tuscor

Spokane to Providence

This thread is a week or so late but I did see some nice looking trains when I went to the Inland Empires open house Saturday 6-18-11 at Spokane, WA. Unlike the drive over Friday that was bright and sunny Saturday was overcast with rain by the afternoon. The open house began at 1000 and I...
  9. Tuscor

Headed south on the Seattle Sub

This past Saturday 6-4-11 I decided to head south on the BNSF's Seattle Sub as I had not been south of Tacoma for a long time. Plus I had been wanting to photograph the ex-NP Steilacoom depot which I had not been giving much thought to doing. The weather was great and my first stop was Tacoma...
  10. Tuscor

A day on Providence Hill

Last Saturday 4-23-11 I made my way to Providence Hill by way of Pasco, WA to see what BNSF was running. Saw about 5 pairs of SD40-2's working the hump and trimming jobs at the former NP Pasco yard. 1) BNSF 1932 is ex-BN 7133. It was paired up with SD40-2 8091. 2) Also in BN colors is this...
  11. Tuscor

Afternoon at Auburn, WA (and finding green)

Headed south to Auburn today for lunch at Herfys and to see what was worth photographing in the yard. It was overcast but the rain that had been promised had not yet arrived. First got my lunch and headed over towards the yard office where I saw BNSF 7061 still in BN green sitting with an H1...
  12. Tuscor

BNSF Old School

I almost hesitated this afternoon before driving over to South Seattle as I could see high clouds were coming in from the west. But as I hadn't seen any trains since getting laid off from my job last Friday :( I kind of needed to get out of the house for awhile. Pulling up to the north end...
  13. Tuscor

Looking back to September 2003

2003 wasn't that long ago was it? In working on some of the photos I took in September 2003 I can see how many changes there has been in these what seems like 7 short years. On September 13 I headed over to eastern Washington and northern Idaho for a few days. Here is some of what I...
  14. Tuscor

BNSF Jordan Spreaders

Yesterday on a day trip to Skykomish, WA I photographed orange and black 972514 which was built in 1966 as Great Northern X7305. I have to say it was quite colorful! I also have photos of two other spreaders I have very little information on. 1-2) BN 972514 rests at Skykomish 1-8-11 shortly...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.