Search results

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Welcome to RailroadForums.com, your home for trains on the web!

1. Tuscor

MRL OCS train at Spokane WA

Info from the MRL Yahoo list posted a few weeks back gave this info on the MRL domes. MRL 104 (ex-NP 552) is now the Pend Oreille MRL 105 (ex-NP 553) is now the Flathead Brian Ambrose Renton, WA
  2. Tuscor

MRL OCS train at Spokane WA

That's what I was waiting to see. Photos of the ex-NP domes back on former NP mainline. Shades of the North Coast Limited! Well, an abbreviated one anyway. Thanks for the look. Brian Ambrose Renton, WA
  3. Tuscor

Providence Hill Diary

I've had much better days up on Providence. The weather did improve past Sprague, it was actually sunny with snow on the ground. BNSF even cooperated with a westbound out of Cheney led by an SD40-2/GP60B/SD40-2 with 100+ cars. Don't have to tell you it sounded great! Photos of it to come...
  4. Tuscor

Providence Hill Diary

Funny you should ask. I crossed Providence Summit Friday on my way to Montana. Foggy and no snow on the ground there. Standing up on top of the cut I photographed an eastbound Z-PTLCHC who promptly called the dispatcher to report someone was up on the hill taking pictures.:rolleyes...
  5. Tuscor

A snowy day on the BNSF Funnel

Good job Marlin! All are great but #4 really caught my eye. Love the swirling snow on the curve! Nice images of the depot at Sandpoint too. Thanks for braving the cold and snow for those photos! Brian Ambrose Renton, WA
  6. Tuscor

The ex-NP from Spokane to Sandpoint

No problem Marlin. Though I am surprised BNSF hasn't pull it down yet as it doesn't serve any purpose with the signals removed from it. Brian
  7. Tuscor

At one time I read it was open when Amtrak shows up but more recently it was closed until some repairs could be made. Think there were issues with falling ceiling tile. It sounds like the money is there but I don't know what the hold up is for actually getting the work done. For now Amtrak...
  8. Tuscor

I photographed just a couple of trains this past Saturday on my way to Montana along the Funnel 11-24-12. After stopping at the McDonalds in Rathdrum for my traditional chocolate milkshake a westbound BNSF coal train was photographed shortly afterwards. This turned out to be the C-RWMCEC...
  9. Tuscor

Providence Hill Diary

A stop at Cheney, WA 11-24-12 Last Saturday 11-24-12 I drove across Eastern WA on a trip to Montana/MRL. It was very overcast as I got off of I-90 at Ritzville and took the back way past Tokio hoping BNSF might be running something on the ex-NP. They didn't. Back on I-90 and passed Sprague...
  10. Tuscor

Really like the passenger F's in the first shot. Don't think I've seen that photo before. Also the shot of the 5115 is interesting. This must be the east switch at Otis Orchards. I've photographed trains at the west switch but never got the east switch before the double track went in. Now I...
  11. Tuscor

I have not been to the Funnel this year yet. Has the signal bridge been removed or is it still there without any lights on it? Brian
  12. Tuscor

Algoma in the snow. Like Marlin I've done that too. These photos taken on 12-29-02. 1) BNSF 5312 East comes out onto the bridge. 2) BNSF 1123 East at Algoma. 3-4) BNSF 1099 East at Algoma. Brian Ambrose Renton, WA
  13. Tuscor

Love the green SD60M leading over the bridge Marlin! The Oakway is a great shot too. Sure do miss those colors. Also miss the SD40-2's kicking up the snow like that. Sure the new GE's do it too but it's just not the same. Brian
  14. Tuscor

Your photo #2 is at the big cut between Athol and Granite. I believe you are at the grade crossing. I understand when the line was double tracked the fill to the north/east of the same grade crossing you were near for that shot came from this cut when it was widened. Back up on the hill...
  15. Tuscor

5) Later in the afternoon 12-27-02 another westbound with BN SD60M 9296 came racing through Athol, ID. I always did like this shot. Nice to see it again. 6) Five SD40-2's head east with a stack train through the Granite cut with BN 7008 in the lead. More photos to post later. Brian...
  16. Tuscor

From Spokane, WA to Sandpoint, ID the BNSF follows the route of the Northern Pacific, and after March 3, 1970 the BN. I have seen many changes since I took my first photo at of an eastbound BN train at Careywood in 1983 up to the present. I'll use this thread to show old photos from the BN era...
  17. Tuscor

Providence Hill Diary

Nice series of photos Marlin. #11 especially caught my eye. I have never shot from that angle before. I like how you get the summit in looking down on it, very unusual. Looks like I'll have a new goal for next spring! Brian
  18. Tuscor

Providence Hill Diary

Keep em' coming Marlin. You were closer to the Lakeside Sub than I was then (or am now). Brian
  19. Tuscor

Providence Hill Diary

Thanks John. What the Lakeside Sub lacks in scenery, it makes up for in train quantity. It can be busy! Spring is the best time to go in my opinion when the hills are green but if there is snow, winter on Providence is something you don't see many photos of and worth checking out. Icy roads...
  20. Tuscor

Providence Hill Diary

Providence Hill Burn 8-10) BNSF grain empties have crested the summit and heading downgrade behind the BNSF 5409. 11) And finally BNSF 2523 West on the M-SPOPAS is over the summit and headed towards Pasco. By the following spring, nature rebounded with a vengeance and the area pretty much...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.