Greetings (Again)

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Kitbash

Hello to all. I had been a member here for a couple of years roughly 15 years ago. I have reactivated my account and "re-joined" as it were. HO scale modeler in Raleigh, NC. My railroad is the "Albemarle Division", a fictitious division of the C&O that runs northwest of Charlottesville into Highland County, VA. Highland County has no RR, however, research shows that it once (late 1800's) had several efforts to put one together to join w/ Charlottesville. My division postulates what could have happened were this successful. I have an interchange w/ the NYC which dipped down into Fayette County of WV. There is also an interchange w/ the Virginian which once ran in Fayette County. My layout is in the attic and occupies all 930 SF of the attic. It is a large folded dog bone w/ a double track mainline. The coal branch is a separate long spur off of the dog bone. The layout also has a 23' single-ended staging track that is also a spur off of the dog-bone. The spur to the staging track is a WYE which allows staging to run either east or west of the yard. This current ( 3rd and last) edition of the Albemarle Division has been in active construction since 2016. As a "lone-wolf" modeler it doesn't move as fast as I'd like, but it is moving along.

Greetings to all.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back