Baltic states - videos

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Attachments

• 12583876-A188-4650-991E-590A44BD7882.jpeg
    12583876-A188-4650-991E-590A44BD7882.jpeg
    666.4 KB · Views: 259
Lithuanian railways (LTG CARGO) freight diesel locomotive Siemens Eurorunner ER20CF-022 with a loaded freight train between Bezdonys - Pabrade stations, Lithuania

Lyduvenai bridge is the longest (599m) and the highest bridge (42m) in Lithuania, located at Lyduvenai (Raseiniai district).
Lithuanian railways (LG - Lietuvos gelezinkeliai) freight diesel locomotive 2M62M-0569 with a special tourist train (PTG TOURS) passes through Lyduvenai bridge, between Tytuvenai - Vidukle stations, Lithuania

Passenger train on the high trestle is fantastic!

Lithuanian railways (LTG) freight diesel locomotives 2M62K-0922 with an empty freight train, 2M62UM-0386 with a mixed loaded freight train and diesel shunting locomotive TEM TMH-032 with a freight train, Paneriai station, Lithuania

What a video. You hit the trifecta.
The station appears to be at the summit of the grade. Is that true? This could be my favorite train spotting location if I lived in the area. 😍

What a video. You hit the trifecta.
The station appears to be at the summit of the grade. Is that true? This could be my favorite train spotting location if I lived in the area. 😍
Thank You! Well its quite smooth profile at this place. The first train with empty hoppers was rolling with a very low power because second train was blocking his way. When suddenly the black smoke was coming out from the engines of the first train it was clear that the track for him was released and the engineer gave some power to speed up a little bit :)
Yes, good place for railfaning. This is the main freight line. Only bad thing that the highway is near - noise from the automotive transport was very load.

Yes, good place for railfaning. This is the main freight line. Only bad thing that the highway is near - noise from the automotive transport was very load.

Those first two diesels deserve the title of "Honorary Steam Locomotives." if I recall correctly, those are the older, Russian built units without Caterpillar engines like the newer units.

Looking forward to more visits in the fall when the leaves have turned. I'll trade traffic noise for lots of rail traffic.

Last edited:
Those first two diesels deserve the title of "Honorary Steam Locomotives." if I recall correctly, those are the older, Russian built units without Caterpillar engines like the newer units.

Looking forward to more visits in the fall when the leaves have turned. I'll trade traffic noise for lots of rail traffic.

Yes, the first one called 2M62K is with russian engines manufactured by Kolomna factory.
Second one called 2M62UM is with CAT 3512B engines.
Third one shunting locomotive TEM TMH is also with CAT 3512B :)

Lithuanian railways (LG - Lietuvos gelezinkeliai) freight diesel locomotive 2M62K-0486 with a freight train passes through Bezdonys station, Lithuania

Lithuanian railways (LTG Cargo) freight diesel locomotives 2M62K-0488 and 2M62K-0600 with a heavy loaded freight train (6000 tons) between Jasiunai - Valciunai stations, Lithuania

Lithuanian railways (LTG Cargo) freight diesel locomotives 2M62K-1059 and 2M62K-0756 with a heavy loaded freight train (6000 tons) between Jasiunai - Valciunai stations, Lithuania

Autumn colors are starting to show. :)
Oh yes. Still need to wait for one-two weeks and it will be completely covered in Autumn (gold) colors :) but bad thing is the conflict situation between Belarus and Lithuania, if you heard about it :-( It can end up with a complete decrease of Belarusian cargo export through the sea port of Lithuania, transferring the cargo export through Russia. But most likely it is a propaganda and nothing will happen, I hope.

Lithuanian railways (LTG CARGO) freight diesel locomotive 2M62K-0756 with a heavy loaded mixed freight train between Jonava - Gaiziunai stations, Lithuania

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back