Recent content by Superchief3751

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. S

Comment by 'Superchief3751' in media 'ATCX 442 RSD-15'

Nice to see this old beast still roaming around.
  2. S

Comment by 'Superchief3751' in media '4993 at the Big Curve'

Well done. Shots where you can get an entire train of this length in the view finder are hard to come by.
  3. Ethanol Cans

Ethanol Cans

UP 6055 leads a long string of empty ethanol cans eastbound along the San Francisco Bay. The mid-afternoon light wasn't the greatest, but I've long wanted to get a shot of a freight train at this spot. Beggars can't be choosers.
  4. S

Comment by 'Superchief3751' in media 'Alabama Southern Railroad'

Great shot and great location.
  5. S

Comment by 'Superchief3751' in media 'NS'S Georgia Division Atlanta North District'

So is this what happened to the old Oakways that used to be on BNSF?
  6. S

Comment by 'Superchief3751' in media 'BNSF 2131 Hits a snowdrift at Neola, Iowa'

Now that's what I call dashing through the snow!
  7. BNSF's Steel Freeway

BNSF's Steel Freeway

Looking like it's coming, BNSF 7333 is actually the trailing DPU pushing a long stack train east. Having just departed LA, the train is now passing through the Green River golf course on the Orange County/Riverside County line. In the past several years, BNSF has triple tracked much of their...
  8. The Coast Starlight at Gaviota

The Coast Starlight at Gaviota

Northbound train #14 crosses the big trestle at Gaviota state beach, a spot made famous over the years by many photos of SP Daylight trains at this location.
  9. S

Comment by 'Superchief3751' in media 'NS'S Alabama Division Birmingham East District'

It certainly is a nice treat. I haven't seen one of these in my neck of CA in over a year.
  10. S

Comment by 'Superchief3751' in media 'CSXT'S S&NA South Sub'

I wish they would send them this direction!
  11. Clattering Across Niles Junction

Clattering Across Niles Junction

UP 7650 hits the diamond as it crosses the former WP main line into Niles Canyon. At one time, this was a junction between the SP and Western Pacific. SP's line split in two just past the diamond and both lines rejoined in San Jose. WP's line headed east to Stockton. Today, everything is owned...
  12. S

Comment by 'Superchief3751' in media 'BNSF Transfer'

Great catch with the GP40X.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back