Recent content by steveeshom

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. steveeshom

Steve's Top 11 of 2011

It is again that time of the year where I reflect on the images I captured over the year. In honor of 2011 here are my top 11 of 2011. Happy New Year everyone! Dark and Stormy Night The Lights of 7 Wenatchee River Valley B&W Showers and Sunbreaks At Speed Across...
  2. K-Line Dusk

K-Line Dusk

On the eve of a monumental snow storm an eastbound K-Line stack train descends through Nordeen, OR. Within 24 hour 18 inches of new snow will have fallen on this location.
  3. steveeshom

Comment by 'steveeshom' in media 'Nocturnal Freight'

Thanks Ken and Leia. I appreciate your feedback. The fact you found the balance good makes me feel good about my planning and PP. The blue streaks I believe are reflections of some different colored lights (to the left in the 'big' city) off the rail cars.
  4. Nocturnal Freight

Nocturnal Freight

BNSF's M-LAUSWE makes its nocturnal passage through Stanford, MT on a warm August evening.
  5. steveeshom

Comment by 'steveeshom' in media 'Rough Weather II'

Surprisingly I didn't have to wait long to get this photo. As the storm moved from east to west I pointed my camera at different subjects and let the lightning come to me (so to speak). I shot a couple dozen photos over about a 20 minute period where the lightning was in a good location...
  6. Rough Weather II

Rough Weather II

BNSF 2210 reposes in the rain of a May 24, 2008 severe thunderstorm that struck the area around Vancouver, WA. View the original Rough Weather here: http://www.dogcaught.com/2008/05/25/rough-weather/
  7. In The BAR-9

In The BAR-9

BNSF 5437 is the sole mid-train DPU on the H-EVEBAR9 07.
  8. IMG_0942-200805

IMG_0942-200805

Headed East
  9. Lewis River Cascades

Lewis River Cascades

Once crossing a river was daunting. Today rivers dont stand in the way of the fast trains of Amtrak Cascades.
  10. Across the Abyss

Across the Abyss

Amtrak train 501 crosses the abyss over a bridge floating on air.
  11. steveeshom

Comment by 'steveeshom' in media 'Climbing The Blues'

Take a look at the EXIF data attached to the image. It'll will reveal the photo was taken 12/7/2007.
  12. Climbing The Blues

Climbing The Blues

A UP manifest train climbs through freshly fallen snow in Oregon's Blue Mountains between Motanic and Nordeen. The 6 new inches of snow overnight did nothing to deter normal railroad operations.
  13. Super Fruit

Super Fruit

One of the few Z trains to assault Oregon's Blue Mountains is the Z-SKWAP (and WASK) better known as the "Super Fruit". This train is designated to haul fruit products from a facility near Wallula, WA to the Midwest and is made up entirely of refrigerator cars. Here the empty refers...
  14. Almost There

Almost There

A variety of power has been used over the years in Oregon's Blue Mountains. Heavy grain trains, such as this GS-BRSE, used to be split in two and assigned 2 SD40-2s on either end. Today's operations see full grain trains with 3 4,000 horsepower units on the point and 4 more 3/4 of the way...
  15. Across the Baker Valley

Across the Baker Valley

On cold December morning UP's M-PCHK rolls west across the Baker Valley of northeast Oregon. As is typical for December in the valley, the wind is blowing around 30 mph causing drifts on the highways. No wonder this location is called North Powder!

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back