Recent content by smittydieseldoc

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. smittydieseldoc

Comment by 'smittydieseldoc' in media 'NS 5523'

Long hood forward,the way locos were ment to be run!
  2. Loading Dock at Cunningham Brick,Kings Mtn.N.C.

Loading Dock at Cunningham Brick,Kings Mtn.N.C.

Cunningham Brick in Kings Mountain N.C.ships by both rail and truck.I was there working on a piece of their equipment and saw many loads go out in an 8 hour period.
  3. smittydieseldoc

Comment by 'smittydieseldoc' in media 'A "TOE" Car!'

I have that same car in N scale,and the reporting marks are IBT.Kinda' looks like a Weyerhauser logo also.
  4. Why have you forgotten me ?

Why have you forgotten me ?

Forgotten boxcar in Spencer N.C.The writing inside the white broken lines reads,"Return to agent TRRA St.Louis Mo.for the Pillsbury Co." Is the Doughboy missing a boxcar?
  5. smittydieseldoc

Comment by 'smittydieseldoc' in media 'More NS Day Photos'

Never was good at math.Corrected post.Thanks Jay.
  6. More NS Day Photos

More NS Day Photos

NS President Wick Moorman and refurbished F7 at NCTM,Spencer N.C.
  7. More NS Day Photos

More NS Day Photos

Green and Gold lead the way
  8. More NS Day Photos

More NS Day Photos

Southern F7 and E8 pulling the photo train at NS Day
  9. More NS Day Photos

More NS Day Photos

Trains Magazines own Jim Wrenn posing with Southern E8
  10. More NS Day Photos

More NS Day Photos

After the champaign bottle broke....... He was a good sport about it. Wick Moorman President and CEO of NS
  11. Generations

Generations

New SD70 and old F7 share the morning sun.Taken at NCTM in Spencer N.C.
  12. Cheers!!!!

Cheers!!!!

NS President and CEO,Wick Moorman,dedicates the refurbished Southern F7 by breaking a bottle of champaign on the nuckle.Taken on July 15 at NS Day at North Carolina Transportation Museum in Spencer N.C.
  13. Ex I.C. unit

Ex I.C. unit

Harsco is using this ex Illinois Central to move units around during construction.
  14. Ex I.C. unit

Ex I.C. unit

Harsco is using this ex Illinois Central to move units around during construction.
  15. Ex I.C. unit

Ex I.C. unit

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back