Recent content by SD45

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. SD45

Original WarBonnet in Seattle

wow! thanks for that info! glad the economy is improving enough to get these old girls out of storage and back into use! :)
  2. SD45

CSX - Sand patch. Cumberland and grafton

. Circa 1992 when the c40's were new in stealth gray. Just west of falls cut tunnel about 2 miles west of fairhope pa Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. SD45

Photos taken at Grafton, WV, Cumberland, MD, Salisbury Junction, PA, Pinkerton Cut, PA in early November, 2014. Iphone photos using the "befunky" photo app to add a bit of color to the blah early november weather ;) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. SD45

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. SD45

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. SD45

I've not railfanned too much in 20 years, but believe this is a standard CW40-8 (or C40-8W)... I remember when they were brand new back in the early 1990's getting them on a trip out to Tehachapi and thru the south west. Was very pleasantly surprised to see one at the CSX former B&O in...
  7. SD45

how many original wide cab warbonnets in Red and Silver are left? I saw 614 in near full warbonnet (Santa Fe large on sides, BNSF on the nose and under the windows) in Cumberland, Maryland in early November, 2014. ?

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back