Recent content by ohle

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. ohle

Comment by 'ohle' in media 'Temple Texas,BNSF ,Lometa Sub,'

Where's this scene? Which city is it near?
  2. ohle

Trains of Edmonds, Washington

I'm going to be in that area soon, Edmonds. That area on Ocean. The signs say no parking, but wondering if parking there for maybe a half hour or so to catch the trains is allowable. Curious others' experiences.
  3. BNSF Temple IMG_1933.JPG

BNSF Temple IMG_1933.JPG

Trio of BNSF engines in Temple, Texas. Taken from depot model railroad porch. Includes an ATSF commemorative unit in center.
  4. BNSF Temple IMG_1934.JPG

BNSF Temple IMG_1934.JPG

Trio of BNSF engines in Temple, Texas. Taken from depot model railroad porch.
  5. ohle

Comment by 'ohle' in media 'Amtrak #8'

Great shot, one that appeared to possess limited view, so was likely somewhat difficult to get.
  6. BNSF Needles sub Siberia Bagdad IMG_6817.jpg

BNSF Needles sub Siberia Bagdad IMG_6817.jpg

Eastbound BNSF rolls through the Mojave Desert near Bagdad, California on the Needles Sub
  7. ohle

My proposal on a new type of night train

Sounds interesting. Would love to see more information. Feel free to post.
  8. ohle

Comment by 'ohle' in media 'Eastbound Potash'

Nice. I recognize the area.
  9. ohle

Comment by 'ohle' in media 'Warming Up.jpg'

nice
  10. ohle

Tri-Cities Railfanning 10/14/20

https://railroadforums.com/forum/index.php?media/columbia-river-gorge.43495/
  11. Columbia River Gorge

Columbia River Gorge

Amtrak's Empire Builder, the Portland, OR, section, races along the Columbia River on the Washington side of the river in late July of 2022. On the BNSF tracks, the train only a short time earlier departed Pasco, Washington. It was photographed from high atop a hill on the Oregon side of the river.
  12. Columbia River Gorge

Columbia River Gorge

Amtrak's Empire Builder, the Portland, OR, section, races along the Columbia River on the Washington side of the river in late July of 2022. On the BNSF tracks, the train only a short time earlier departed Pasco, Washington. It was photographed from high atop a hill on the Oregon side of the river.
  13. ohle

Some Old Slides Rerun

Where were these Amtrak photos taken?
  14. ohle

My trip on the Coast Starlight

They're both great and highly scenic trains. My mother and I took a cross-country Amtrak trip a couple years back, Texas-LA-OR-OR-Oakland-Galesburg-Springfield-Texas. She though the Starlight, with its long ocean views, would be the best part. Turns out, she liked the CZ even more. I like them...
  15. ohle

Tri-Cities Railfanning 10/14/20

I was in the area recently and got some photos, but not immediately in Pasco. My time was spent more at the Columbia River Gorge and the UP yard on the opposite side of the river southeast of Pasco, at the Wallula Junction. May post.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back