Recent content by mvs

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Work train at Cajon Summit

Work train at Cajon Summit

A work train heads into the Martinez siding on a very windy February day. A brakeman was riding on the very first car in the distance. I know he was wearing his gloves!
  2. Heading up the Harbor Subdivision

Heading up the Harbor Subdivision

Taken 9/10/2005, if that's allowed.
  3. Southern Pacfic Depot at Bakersfield

Southern Pacfic Depot at Bakersfield

The depot may be in a bad part of Bakersfield and (even worse) owned by UP, but this town is SP (and AT&SF)!
  4. M

Comment by 'mvs' in media 'In a hole?'

Are you sure? That would place you near Marguerita Street, where I think the 2MT CTC becomes 1MT CTC.
  5. M

Comment by 'mvs' in media 'In a hole?'

Marengo Avenue, looking west at this eastbound train?
  6. M

Comment by 'mvs' in media 'New track in Mojave'

I was there the day after you, the work ruined my trip :/
  7. M

Comment by 'mvs' in media 'Where did this come from?'

He is on the Pepper Avenue bridge at West Colton, at the division point of the UP Yuma and UP Alhambra Subdivisions. This is not the Southwest Chief, this is the Sunset Limited.
  8. M

Comment by 'mvs' in media '#11 arrives into SLO'

I've always wondered why the southbound signal (there in the background) at CP CO245 North San Luis Obispo has two heads... Normally in CTC territory one would govern the diverging track, but to my knowledge it is still 2MT TWC ABS through SLO. Nice picture.
  9. Saugus Local, with caboose leading!

Saugus Local, with caboose leading!

This is LOF42, a.k.a. the Saugus Local, with the caboose as the lead! Seen here on 7/11/2005 at Burbank Airport.
  10. M

Comment by 'mvs' in media 'Fall Colors in the San Joaquin Valley'

Beautiful shot! We've only braved the 'hot' weather in April up there. A nicee catch of the SJ Valley. I like the old SP searchlight, but the UP... should be SP!
  11. North switch, Mojave yard

North switch, Mojave yard

I could have taken this from the Oak Creek overpass, but I didn't know it had little holes in the fence for photo opportunities.
  12. Saugus Local at Burbank Airport

Saugus Local at Burbank Airport

The Saugus Local with an SP unit and a caboose
  13. M

Comment by 'mvs' in media 'SCAX 859'

This area looks strangely familiar to Penrose Street at San Fernando Road up in Sun Valley.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back