Recent content by mowingman

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. M

Washington Royal Line

I hope this line makes it. Under the current ownership though, I am not so sure. U.S. Rail has a spotty history. In fact, they just lost the contract at Cincinnati for that line. All their shortline operations are very iffy, with little business. However, cars and locos on the line is some progress
  2. M

Washington Royal Line

A gentleman on another forum I frequent, was one of the folks who operated that line for a while, using the old Alco. In fact, he was the last person to operate it, and parked it where it still sits today. He told me what year it was parked, but I have forgotten what he told me. I know for sure...
  3. M

North Louisiana & Arkansas updates

That is great news. Glad to see that line active again.
  4. M

Well, that is good to hear. Jeff
  5. M

did you have any major flooding damage from the recent "monsoons"? Jeff
  6. M

Yes, thanks for the updates. It looks like another almost extinct rail line is slowly coming back to life. Great news. Jeff
  7. M

I thought the NLA had plans to run past lake Providence to the port and new chemical plant there. This development is going to throw a wrench into those plans. The port and the new plant WOULD have been a major source of business. Jeff
  8. M

New Railroad Company in Tallulah, La

It is a new company started by the original founders of Railamerica. I think Marino is the last name. Jeff
  9. M

Louisiana & North West mixed train cabooses

A photo of the caboose you are interested in, was published in the May, 1985 issue of "Trains" magazine. It is located on page 30. Jeff

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back