Recent content by MoPac_Eagle

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. MoPac_Eagle

Grounding a Searchlight Signal

I poured a concrete pad and put four 1 inch bolts into that. The signal is bolted down with two nuts to each bolt. It has a flat aluminum cap similar to this one. Thank you for your help and sorry it to me so long to respond.
  2. MoPac_Eagle

Grounding a Searchlight Signal

I have put up a 15-foot searchlight pole with a ladder (both made of aluminum) and was wondering how to ground them if lighting was to strike them. It will house a single GRS Searchlight head with a mechanism inside. If anyone has any documents or has signals of their own I would love to hear...
  3. MoPac_Eagle

RRF Coffee Shop

Happy birthday Bob. 🥳
  4. MoPac_Eagle

RRF Coffee Shop

How tall are the Marion drag lines?
  5. MoPac_Eagle

P&L and Evansville Western (EVWR)

Sit back for the saga of the P&L and family. The Paducah & Louisville (PAL) is a Class II railroad. The 270-mile line was purchased from Illinois Central Gulf in August, 1986. The 223-mile main route runs between Paducah and Louisville with branch lines from Paducah to Kevil and Mayfield...
  6. MoPac_Eagle

P&L and Evansville Western (EVWR)

The first and last photo were taken in Nashville Illinois the middle photos were taken in Paducah Kentucky.
  7. MoPac_Eagle

RRF Coffee Shop

My local shortline Evansville Western (EVWR) is up from two trains a week to a train at 1 P.M. on tuesday, thursday, and friday, and another at 12 A.M. They also upgraded the motive power from 6 gp35s to a SD70M, Sd40-2, and GP35.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back