Recent content by MikeyFromCP

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. M

Comment by 'MikeyFromCP' in media 'Inside an SD50F'

Now I see how all them CN conductors look so bright eyed and bushy tailed after and all nighter - they have the perfect sleeping quarters. And microwaves to boot. Hot doggy!
  2. M

Comment by 'MikeyFromCP' in media 'CP Derailment'

Used ta could.
  3. M

Comment by 'MikeyFromCP' in media 'Be Prepared'

Blocking Central Ave was and still is the only way to go.
  4. M

Comment by 'MikeyFromCP' in media 'CP 344 DPU'

Actually Roman just to clarify, the train is gathered up from Ag-Pro in downtown Saskatoon off Circle Drive. The 2130 Tramp spots and pulls the elevator every now and then and brings the loads into Sutherland Yard. The cars aren't always billed east, sometimes they run west to Cascadia...
  5. M

Comment by 'MikeyFromCP' in media 'Empress of Eights'

Do you know how hard it is to track release with that stupid engine number? Spent all night giving up track to 457 who was 4 miles behind me.
  6. M

Comment by 'MikeyFromCP' in media 'Saskatoon drizzle'

Nope. It is pipe for the pipeline that is going to America from Canada. Where I work we are handling all the pipe and it is getting goofy. A 25 car spot of that pipe is equal to about 9 miles of pipeline. This pipe movement will not be done till April. As for the tank it was an empty with...
  7. M

Comment by 'MikeyFromCP' in media 'CP Derailment'

The best part is they just replaced the ties in that track and now they are all split again. Man I love it... Epic failure. Other than my rant below, great shot Roman, glad you were there too catch it. "It was a bit harsh i found railroading is not easy stuff like this can happen...
  8. M

Comment by 'MikeyFromCP' in media 'Grayslake Rocket'

Dude, that is one hopped up, crazy wicked, bad ass picture!
  9. M

Comment by 'MikeyFromCP' in media 'Amtrak Sunset'

Oh that's just awesome. Awesome, just awesome.
  10. M

Comment by 'MikeyFromCP' in media 'Covered hopper'

Why the narrow guage? I really don't understand the whole narrow guage concept; especially in this case whereby the car isn't any thinner by having smaller trucks. My life of disillusion is closing in!
  11. M

Comment by 'MikeyFromCP' in media 'Branchline potash'

Roman, coming into the yard from the East like this poses a problem with sightlines due to the highway overpass. Rule 105 in the CROR states that we have to be prepared to stop within one half the range of vision of equipment, track units, and switches not properly lined. The East yard could...
  12. M

Comment by 'MikeyFromCP' in media 'CNW & CP merger?'

Don't laugh Roman, we bought all them SD40's back... We bought some goofy shortline in the states and they bought most of the old 5500's. Now through the purchase, we get our junk engines back! Don't worry, you will see them in Sutherland sometime, that is where all the junk power goes...
  13. M

Comment by 'MikeyFromCP' in media 'Canada's oldest...'

Just coming into Sutherland to get a mechanical inspection done before returning to Bredenbury for the winter. Wilkie's plow went to suterland on 456 about a month ago and returned on 457 a week later. Just in case we get the blizzard like last year.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back