Recent content by LinkagePeg

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. LinkagePeg

AMTRAK F40PH #243 on Wye in Lake Wales, FL

Here is another one after the collision with the police cars. I did not want to post the photo as it is on railpictures.net with copyright of Jim Satterwhite this shows engine #343 also. The train hit the cruisers at 40 MPH. View more details and photo here
  2. LinkagePeg

AMTRAK F40PH #243 on Wye in Lake Wales, FL

I did find this? although this had #343 in the photo. https://www.heraldbanner.com/news/lifestyles/prison-break-returns-to-film-action-sequence/article_69a6f8e6-7b72-5aab-a75e-7becbcca907d.html
  3. LinkagePeg

Trains of Edmonds, Washington

Nice equipment setup.
  4. LinkagePeg

Uganda Railways

Thanks, @rogerfarnworth this was a really good thread.
  5. LinkagePeg

The Amtrak 137 Genesis unit is of the P42DC variation I think. The #137 has been the lead engine on many routes over the years. Thanks for the great photos Bill.
  6. LinkagePeg

That was a good idea. Although I will not be in Glenview until Mothers Day. My Mom still lives there. She is going to be 80 in December. I currently live in Western Springs - The BNSF Railway Line. The depot opened in 1915. - 3 tracks and 2 side platforms.
  7. LinkagePeg

I just checked the Train Status of The nothing special ;) Chicago bound Empire Builder (Amtrak #8) coming into my hometown is still on schedule. Actually 23 minutes early this afternoon. The train also makes a stop at the Glenview Depot (GLN) that is the town I grew up in.
  8. LinkagePeg

America's Most Advanced Train - FIRST RIDE ON BRIGHTLINE!

I thought the same thing they really look sleek. It looks like they have Two classes of service: Each train has three Smart coach cars and one Select coach car. The Select cars feature larger seats and complimentary food and beverages. After 3 p.m. on weekdays and after 11 a.m. on weekends...
  9. LinkagePeg

NTSB to Determine Cause of Roswell, New Mexico Rail Accident

NTSB Cites Fatigue as Probable Cause of Train Collision https://www.ntsb.gov/news/press-releases/Pages/NR20180410.aspx
  10. LinkagePeg

Infernum Location - Northern Nevada Railroad

Watch one of the locations used for the psychological horror movie "Infernum," at Ely, Nevada. We were honored to be able to use the Northern Nevada Railway for much of the shoot. What a wonderful treat!! Watch the film and enjoy. Out in 2019.
  11. LinkagePeg

NTSB to Reschedule Meeting on Fatal New Mexico Rail Wreck. The meeting was canceled as a result of the recent sightseeing helicopter crash in New York City's East River. NTSB Boardroom and Conference Center 4/10/2018 9:30 AM Due to the 3/12/2018 launch to the helicopter accident in New York...
  12. LinkagePeg

Amtrak, BNSF, UP, Meets, GEVO Idle Sounds and more!

Thanks Alex, I really like the video. Great job. The railroad/train sound effects and fade make this video top notch. I look forward to some more.
  13. LinkagePeg

2/8/2018 ​WASHINGTON (Feb. 8, 2018) — The National Transportation Safety Board will meet to determine the probable cause of an accident involving two freight trains in Roswell, New Mexico in 2015; the board will also issue safety recommendations aimed at preventing similar accidents in the...
  14. LinkagePeg

Amtrak Cascade Derailment at Dupont, WA

Thank you for the additional information and testimony to this thread.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back