Recent content by Keith 55

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Waiting On A Bike 2

Waiting On A Bike 2

As the end of the train approaches, he rides right up to the tracks.
  2. Waiting On A Bike 1

Waiting On A Bike 1

This guy was impatient, waiting for the train to pass so he could pedal home late at night.
  3. Passing The MoPac Museum

Passing The MoPac Museum

UP GP38-2 #611 & GP60 #1933 going past the MoPac Museum in New Braunfels, Texas.
  4. AutoRacks At Night

AutoRacks At Night

Probably loaded with Toyota Tundra pickups and truck frames from San Antonio's new factory, crossing Houston street just east of downtown.
  5. Quarry Switch

Quarry Switch

A southbound Union Pacific rock train waits behind the switch that leads into the Ogden Quarry and the Hanson Servtex Materials Plant.
  6. Waiting To Cross

Waiting To Cross

He asked me the time, then waited for the train to pass so he could cross the tracks and head home after work. Sony F717 8 seconds f5 iso100
  7. Waiting To Cross

Waiting To Cross

He asked me the time, then waited for the train to pass so he could cross the tracks and head home after work. Sony F717 8 seconds f5 iso100
  8. Keith 55

Comment by 'Keith 55' in media 'Rare Pair'

That's funny. They're never around when I'm there.
  9. Keith 55

Comment by 'Keith 55' in media 'CP 5920 WEST'

A '5' is just plain wrong! Love the fall colors and the original composition. I'm giving you a '10' to help restore some fairness.
  10. Milepost 225

Milepost 225

Looking NorthEast On A Hot Summer Afternoon
  11. Keith 55

Comment by 'Keith 55' in media 'All dressed up, but no trains to come'

An excellent no-trains subject, Bradley. The people by the old baggage cart are a nice detail. I&GN used to have a strong presence in SA. The shops are gone but their passenger depot still looks grand as a bank.
  12. Rare Pair

Rare Pair

A UP SD70M is coupled to an Amtrak P42 at San Antonio's passenger station on Saturday October 15, 2005. My girlfriend Sylvia shot this so I could get in the picture.
  13. Cotton Belt GP60 #9708

Cotton Belt GP60 #9708

Backing a cut of cars on the evening of July 11, 2005. Reflected light made the dark side of the train look worthy of capturing.
  14. Keith 55

Comment by 'Keith 55' in media 'Cotton Belt GP60'

See also: http://www.railroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7494 for another SSW GP60 I caught the same day. We have maybe a dozen GP60s doing local work in San Antonio--all the yards, downtown, switching, flying up the spurs...times change. UP intermodals around here these days are...
  15. Cotton Belt GP60

Cotton Belt GP60

This unpatched SSW GP60 was doing some switching in an industrial area of downtown San Antonio, on the evening of July 11, 2005.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back