Recent content by KatVW8

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. K

Question from an 'outsider'

That's very true! And kind of like cars (although maybe there are more car enthusiasts than train enthusiasts because lots of people have a car of their own!). Like even if you aren't knowledgeable about cars, you'd notice if a scene had a car from 'the wrong decade'. But also it seems trains...
  2. K

Thank you - that's helpful too! The author sent me one photo, and that was of a Canadian Pacific train, which was why I made the assumption (thinking that he'd know about his own country's trains) - but then I remember that although I'm a Brit, if anyone asked me which year British Rail went...
  3. K

That is so helpful - thank you! I knew it would be better to ask actual people rather than 'just google it'.
  4. K

Okay - well, that in itself is worth knowing! Which company would have provided passenger service in Canada in the 1980s? (The author sent me a pic of a Canadian Pacific train, which is why I assumed that would be the right company!) It seems that the trains I was used to in England look quite...
  5. K

Hi, folks! I'm not a railway buff myself, but I figured someone here might be able to help me. I've been commissioned to illustrate a book cover that will feature a Canadian Pacific passenger train from the 1980s. I'm a Brit, and I've been scouring a bunch of sites for reference material to make...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back