Recent content by JanezJr

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. J

Freight cars paid by USAID , Made in Japan for South Vietnam Railways in 1966-67

Bryan, Thanks for your info. Btw Could you give the source for the reefer manufacturer ? Was every U8B "equipped" to run these reefers ? French boxcar converted into passenger car (NatGeo 1964) USAID boxcar converted (?) for passenger use (video 1974 by Gerd Nielsen)
  2. J

Freight cars paid by USAID , Made in Japan for South Vietnam Railways in 1966-67

Hi Bryan, Thanks for your input. In the mean time I have managed to get some more related info. The USAID involvement for the second lot came from the attached Logistics Report from 1974 (DOD?) Have found the suppliers for the first lot : USOM Vietnam – Operational Report 1963-1964 Under...
  3. J

Working on a website dedicated to the history of railways in Vietnam and are looking for the manufacturer of the following freight cars and would appreciate any info. In 1966-67 different freight cars were delivered to South Vietnam Railways, for them to manage and for US Army to use (or...
  4. J

Oops! We ran into some problems. Your content can not be submitted

will try the whole post with photos & links again tomorrow
  5. J

i have just been allowed multiple edits.
  6. J

It am looking for the source etc of these boxcars (and other railcars) that were supplied by USAID to South VN railways in the 60s. Managed by VNR behalf of US Army. Btw I was unable to edit the earlier post for the second time. Would the multiple previewing/editing trigger the spam police ...
  7. J

Is it working ? I can see it.
  8. J

Hi guys, Newbie here. At first my IP was rejected as spam risk at registration (first time out of a dozen or so forum registrations). After I was let in and have managed to put together the text & uploaded 5 photos (none above 1Mb) with all the links and previewed it and corrected it , I have...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back