Recent content by Facing West

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Facing West

BNSF track projects, WA State 2014

Busy on the Bellingham Sub. More concrete ties and updated crossings. During the daytime work window the empty coals are going down the Sumas line. I guess they figured out the 6 axle curvature problem in Sedro Woolley. Read in the local paper that two new sidings are planned, one to the...
  2. Facing West

Rocky Mountaineer

Just heade south out of Bellingham. I guess we will see a few of these specials this travel season?
  3. Facing West

Thanks,Todd! That's exactly what I wanted to see. Interesting to see how the surviving pieces fitted into the working structure.
  4. Facing West

That is kind of sad. Granted, these aren't remnants of some Roman aqueduct but they are a reminder of the role the Milwaukee Road played in Washington State. I was impressed and reflective when I saw them a few years ago. I'm having a hard time finding an image of this bridge when it was active...
  5. Facing West

Class Reunion Trip 2013

Got anymore photos, Bill? I would like to see what you found in Lewiston. Either they moved the Royal City ALCO since I photographed it in 2000, or they tore down some sheds that were around it. The engine is seemingly on static display for the past couple of decades, though I imagine there...
  6. Thunder Mountain Line

Thunder Mountain Line

Happened to see this at Horseshoe Bend, Idaho on my way to Boise. They offer a variety of excursions, though it looks like there might be a slide in the canyon south of Cascade, which is the northern end of the line. Beautiful area along the Payette River.
  7. Joseph Branch of Wallowa Union Rail Authority

Joseph Branch of Wallowa Union Rail Authority

This photo, taken Sept. 29th, 2010 in Joseph, Oregon, shows what the Joseph Branch (ex Idaho Northern Pacific, ex UP) in northeast Oregon is about. That is a center beam car storage for the UP. From Wallowa to Joseph some 1,200+ cars are stored throughout the valley. Many of the residents seem...
  8. Facing West

Comment by 'Facing West' in media 'Coal meets Stacks at MP 10'

Real nice photo. I like the low angle. It draws your attention.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back