Recent content by Eugene Jones

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. E

North Louisiana & Arkansas updates

How are things going with Myriant? You guys have been getting a Slew of Tanks in Mcgehee. I noticed that you have started pulling them out of the yard putting them in the clear on the South End.
  2. E

That sounds like a plan. Hopefully things will work out for you guys. Has there been any talk as far as extending rail to the Yellow Bend Port? We've been hearing that someone is supposed to be applying for a federal grant to build the line to the Port.
  3. E

Sounds like you guys will be pretty busy. Will you be getting anymore motors for the line? I know it's flat down there but that seems like a lot for that SW 1.
  4. E

Looks like you guys have been busy. Hopefully we can create more room in the yard when you guys start those operations. What will the Myriant traffic consist of? There's going to be a lot of Interchanging going on in McGehee with our Clearwater Interchange and your new customers.
  5. E

I've been working for the Arkansas Midland Railroad for a year now and the last time I worked in Mcgehee Yard, which was back in August, we sat over some Covered Hoppers along with your usual Cars for the Cotton Seeds. Did you guys get another business along the line that uses the Covered...
  6. E

Any new updates on this line? I often detour through Mcgehee on my way home from work hoping to catch a glimpse of you guys. A friend of mine spotted NLA 22 at the Union Pacific Yard in North Little Rock a couple of weeks ago. Would love to check you guys out. Eugene Jones

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back