Recent content by DoctorZ

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. DoctorZ

The Black Hills 1880 Steam Train

1880 is the Name of the Train, not the date. If you watched the beginning of the video it says the locomotive build date.
  2. DoctorZ

The Black Hills 1880 Steam Train

This train is very much worth seeing!
  3. DoctorZ

Quick Video of The 261 Steamer 4-8-4.

I was heading West on Minnesota State Highway 212 when I noticed the 261 out for an excursion. With a nearly dead battery in my camera I shot a brief video of it's passing: The 261
  4. DoctorZ

Chasing The World's Largest Steam Locomotive Through Minnesota!

A chase video of Union Pacific's "Big Boy" as it highballs it through the State of Minnesota: Union Pacific 4-8-8-4 #4014
  5. DoctorZ

Hobo Full Length Feature Film Hopping Cargo Trains.

Yep, and that put his videos in jeopardy of being deleted from the Internet, so I made the movie to preserve them.
  6. DoctorZ

Hobo Full Length Feature Film Hopping Cargo Trains.

It's a very long video but quite intriguing! Stobe The Hobo
  7. DoctorZ

Lake Superior Railroad Museum Train Ride.

I took the short trip and made a video of it:
  8. DoctorZ

Petticoat Junction: Full Length Feature Film 1963

A full length feature film of the classic TV Show, Petticoat Junction: Enjoy!
  9. DoctorZ

Vintage Uncut Full Length Train Movie from 1973!

Before the movie Unstoppable, or Runaway Train, there was Runaway! A suspenseful made for TV movie about a ski train that lost it's brakes going down a mountain. Transferred from old VHS and Beta video tapes this movie is in it's original uncut version. Enjoy!
  10. DoctorZ

Minnesota Transportation Museum RR Cab Ride!

We had a Cab Ride on an SW1 Switcher for Halloween!
  11. DoctorZ

CP Rail's Holiday Train Pulling Into St. Paul, MN, Union Depot at Night!

For those of you who don't live in an area where this event happens, here is a short video of the action!
  12. DoctorZ

Twin Cities, Minnesota, Kids TV Show Casey Jones 1960's

If you were a kid growing up in the Twin Cities area during the 1960's, you'd be treated to a locally produced TV show called: Lunch With Casey. It was one of the best local TV shows ever produced in the area, and I found a video clip of one of my favorite memories of that show--take a look:
  13. DoctorZ

End-O-The-Line Railroad Park & Museum in Currie, MN

In the remote little town of Currie, MN (Pop. 233) in the Southwestern part of the State lies a neat Railroad Museum and Park. I shot some video while visiting there: Enjoy!
  14. DoctorZ

The Lumberjack Steam Train: Laona, WI

Located in Northwestern Wisconsin, is the Lumberjack Steam Train with runs an American Prairie style steam locomotive 2-6-2 built by Balwin in 1916. The train takes you on a short trip up to an historic logging town where there is a park and small petting zoo.
  15. DoctorZ

Greetings from the Twin Cities, MN, USA.

Well this is my first "Rail Fan" forum board. I'm really new to this. As a kid I used to chase trains because I grew up only 1/2 mile from SOO Line's Shoreham switching yards in N.E. Minneapolis, MN. Back in those days, my dad and I would go for walks around the switch yard and watch them put...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back