Recent content by Alien

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. A

What Exactly is a Pumpkin? - Clarification Please

BNSF Premium Heritage is another name I have come across being used for Heritage 2 livery. This would appear to be used on the wide cab locomotives. So is anything in Heritage 2 livery a Pumpkin including SD70MACs and SD70ACes unless it is greatly faded when it apparently becomes a...
  2. A

What Exactly is a Pumpkin? - Clarification Please

I have heard reference to a GE Dash 9 in BNSF Heritage 2 / Premium Heritage livery being a 'Pumpkin', but what does this nickname cover? Is it just Dash 9s in BNSF Heritage 2 or is it all BNSF locos in Heritage 2, BNSF GE locos in Heritage 2 or some other permutation? What is required to...
  3. A

Montana Rail Link Manifest Trains

Thanks for the reply. This is useful info. I presume the locals that you mention are the Paradise Local and the Bitterroot Valley. I have noted the Gas Local picking up cars at Paradise and presumably it will set out cars there as well.
  4. A

Montana Rail Link Manifest Trains

Can anyone help me out with the following question? Montana Rail Link operate the Laurel - Missoula manifest train (LM / M-LAUMIS and associated return) but I seem to recall there was another similar turn between Missoula and Sandpoint (MS) (or was it Spokane?) and return (SM) or am I mistaken...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back