Recent content by Abilene Ks Railfan

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. A

One BIG grain train

Got a heads up from a friend, about a 215 car westbound grain empty, so before going home from work I drove to downtown Abilene to wait on it. Photo 1: UP 5870, UP 6702, UP 5261 lead the train thru downtown. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ A little while later, the mid train DP...
  2. A

Finally!

Nothing, just catch whatever comes thru
  3. A

Finally!

Not bloody likely
  4. A

Finally!

Finally completed my collection of UP special painted units , UP 1111 approaches Herington Ks, leading westbound manifest MASHN-18 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 12/19/20
  5. A

Sunday morning chase

Went on a "little" road trip with my good friend and neighbor Walt, to catch a westbound UP power move EHNSIG (Herington Ks-Salina Ks Grain). We set up just north of Navarre, on the BNSF Strong City sub, to start our chase. the first 6 shots are from there. Consist was NS 4025, NS 1111, UP...
  6. A

Salina Kansas Shenanigans

Catches while in Salina 8/1/20
  7. A

Abilene Kansas Action 2020

Catches from 8/1/20 & 8/2/20
  8. A

Catches from 7/25/20 thru 7/31/20
  9. A

Newton Kansas road trip 7/24/20

Decided to get out of Abilene for a change, and headed to the BNSF LaJunta sub and see what was there. Wasn't disappointed, as I caught a meet at Walton Ks, which is a few miles east of Newton 1: BNSF 3860 leads westbound windmill blades, toward a meet at Walton. 2: After the westbound cleared...
  10. A

And from today.... BNSF 7645 comes into Abilene, leading westbound ethanol empties 7/24/20
  11. A

Welcome! Yesterday's activity was a "2 fer 1": 1: BNSF 6044 rolls west, with EGSX coal empties in tow. 2: After the BNSF train came to a stop, I turned around to see UP 7324 leading the eastbound MSITP thru town. 3: Once the UP train cleared, the BNSF train got back under way, DPU's were BNSF...
  12. A

Shot this westbound led by UP 7324 and UP 3054 6 miles west of Abilene Ks on my way home from work today 7/22/20
  13. A

Thank you! The caboose has been in that same spot for 15 years
  14. A

Enterprise Ks Extravaganza

They usually take it out on Memorial day weekend, 4th of July, Labor Day weekend. They also take it out on the 1st weekend of August, for the local county fair, (but fair was cancelled this year due to Covid-19), and 1st weekend in October for the county heritage festival. But with the...
  15. A

Stuff from 7/16/20 Abilene Ks.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back