Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Strange lash-up on a local
I've been observing this local for almost two years now. It performs switching at Fort Rouge yard, local job to Fort Garry Industrial Park #2 (aka former Manitoba Sugar site) and to the cement plant, which is where this local is coming from. I've seen the following lash-ups for power, with an * added to those that are very common:
GMD1u solo
GMD1u + GMD1u* (used to be common)
GP9RM + GMD1u
GP38-2 + GMD1u
GP9RM + GP9 slug*
GP9RM + S-3 slug*
GP9RM + YBU-4 slug
GP9RM solo

As you can see this has to be oddest lash up yet!
CN 7517 GP38-2
CN 233 GP9 slug
CN 7220 GP9RM
R
Thanks. I thought I had a better shot of it actually, as this picture doesn't show the front very well. I've also posted it as a roster.

I hope FCA csan buy one of these zebra locos too. Today I met one BB40-2 with white stripes I adored it (ex-CP 5828)

R
CalMurray, yes it doesn't have the best paint job.
pedrop, didn't you already catch an ex-CN SD40 in Brazil? I think you have three of them.
As for ex-CP SD40-2's, it sure would be nice to see pictures. I'm looking forward to exx-CP, ex-NREX 5635.

Media information

Category
Canada
Added by
Romet
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back