Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Old Switch Engine
H

Old Switch Engine

ATSF 1450 at Topeka BNSF Shops. This I believe to be a Baldwin or Fairbanks Morse unit.
I didn't know that "thing" still existed. It's a Baldwin with a GP7 shorthood and trucks.

Sure is - I can't remember if it was a VO1000 or S12 originally. Somebody loves that baby.

I was quite surprised to see the unit there as well. Thanks for the expertise in properly identifying it. I remember seeing those in use at Santa Fe's Hobart Yard in Calif when I worked there in early 60's and couldn't remember if Baldwin or Fairbanks Morse. Couldn't match it in spotters guide either. Again, thanks for the expert help.

Couldn't help the clutter, this was as close as I could get and I was balanced on car bumper and fence as it was. Waiting for one of the hawkshaws to come shoo me away.

Santa Fe called this an SWBLW, railfans call it a "Beep". Cleburne shops combined a Geep hood, engine and trucks with a Baldwin VO-1000 switcher frame and cab.

Media information

Category
Industrial and critters
Added by
hootervilleham
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back