Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Into the Past

Into the Past

To create that which does not exhist comes from the greatest power of the human mind... and Paint Shop Pro, my home built PC, and Nikon 4500 digital camera.

Two photos put together. The station is from March 2004, in New Haven, Michigan. The GTW loco from personal collection.
When I first saw this and read that it was "modified", I thought, humph!! Then I really looked at it, keeping in mind the concept behind it. The more I looked, the more I liked it. The fence leads your eye and mind back into the picture and the train, almost out of sight but approaching really works. This picture creates a yearning. So why not 10? If you had also "popped in" an older model truck on the left, it would be a 10. But it's on my desktop because it is great!

You know I tried to think of a way to get that truck out of the picture, but it would have messed up the fences. I did get the 1990-something hatchback from the parkinglot to the right of the depot. That took a while.

Thanks for the reply.

Dan

Media information

Category
Railroad Art
Added by
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back