Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Into the Mistic (sic)
P

Into the Mistic (sic)

Stealing the title of one of Van Morrison's better songs, I present this image of a westward-moving CSX freight illuminating the signals at Sir Johns Run, between Hancock and Orleans Road, West Virginia. As with many of my images, this is on former Baltimore & Ohio trackage.
Wow. Unreal shot. VERY nice.
Were the colors digitally tweaked in any way, or did it come off the camera like that?
Awesome looking scene.

C
Brian,

Have you ever thought of teaching photography on the forum? I don't think I've seen a bad one yet.

Dave.

P
The color balance is pretty much the same as it was off the camera, with the white balance being set in the field.

N
As usual great atmosphere.

I think some cropping could be done to clean up the image... specially around the sides of the frame where the trees fill up extraneous space -- As is, I think the image needs more focus towards the center portion of the frame (middle track and signal) rather than having competition between the signal, tracks, and tele poles.

Include more rail, especially if it is picking up the light as it seems to be here, leads the eye into the meat and bones of the image.

Media information

Category
Night Photos
Added by
Plantman
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back