Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

CP Lachute sub
R

CP Lachute sub

• Romet
Not a lot of CPR action left on the line I wouldnt be surprised if CP doesnt even run daily anymore. The branchline is primarily used by this AMT trainset running back and forth from the metro to the northern suburbs of Sainte-Thrse, Blainville & Saint-Jrme (Hawker-Siddeley cars now out of service). Quebec-Gatineau has trackage rights and own most of the tracks on their route from Ottawa to Quebec City.

While their power may look foreign, QGRY engines have been around Montreal for decades. ex-GCFX 6042 is an old CN SD40, rebuilt by Alstom in the late 90s and leased by CN until March of 2008. #801 is an old C&O GP38 retired by CSX in 2003 as a Road Slug. CSX Geep/Road Slug pairs can still be seen on the Montreal, QC Syracuse, NY line which I got to railfan from both ends during my one week Eastern trip.
R
Thank you Sylvian - glad you are enjoying my photos. As I have already railfanned the Quebec-Gatineau by proxy (my mom took photos while attending a conference), I did not plan on getting out to Sainte-Therese. My plans were to railfan the MMA C30-7s in Farnham, but I got lucky catching a very late MMA #2 early in the day @ Lachine while railfanning CAD, thus giving me time to head north to QGRY country.

Media information

Category
Regionals and Shortlines
Added by
Romet
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back