Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

JD Car Puller
rgcx

JD Car Puller

Not a recommended way to move cars around, but this tractor with chain was used to move an empty boxcar so another load could be spotted. This industry (received paper containers) disappeared in 2007 and a community college now occupies this site.
Border Ave. I think the spur is still there. It may have been storing empty 89ft flats recently.

Any news that the RVSC line to be rebuilt? I would hate to see it go down even further. As it is, the line is being patched up with 2-3 band aids and that is not going to hold up for ever. I would like to see the Edinburg line rebuilt and connected back to San Antonio. What about the Anzalduaz bridge for rail..any word there?

It's very quiet. Even the relocated Brownsville rail bridge has yet to get started with preliminary grading.

I see. I guess the priority list got lost or thats a exhausted subject. I would figure that lower valley want KCS to have a second line via Mission. But even then what jobs could it bring? Unless a yard was built north of Edinburg I dont see any.

True. Both KCS and UP seem to be content with their Laredo-based TOFC ramping for truck-access to the Rio Grande Valley. Maybe if BNSF agreed to a joint facility in the valley; then a new rail line might happen.

Media information

Category
Industrial and critters
Added by
rgcx
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back