Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

HBRY & the smell of death (not to mention frozen flesh)
K

HBRY & the smell of death (not to mention frozen flesh)

As I was driving down 15th st I gazed upon the CTRW yards in Prince Albert and noticed this old girl sitting in the cold, with all her windows boarded up. Linked to the old Omnitrax GP9 which has sat outside for more than a year, it is a good guess these girls won't be in PA much longer. A few months back I was told that these engines would most likely make their way back to Loveland to be rebuilt or scrapped. And so as I take my last fleeting glimpse at this oddball I can't help but think what her future might be...
C
Is there much traffic around Prince Albert on these cold days!

More than in the summer, the viterra elevator gets a lot of grain traffic, and with potash prices in the hole we've seen a ton of potash hoppers. Still the same old Geeps roaming the yard.

R
It's not too late! Kermit, please post if she moves by Saturday, I hope to see her by then. Maybe 1006 as well?

I'm wondering if 1006 will come to pa as a parts source, or even a back up unit. CTRW has done work on much of the line, replacing ties, even on the pulp mill line. From what I've heard Iogen has already begun looking into building the ethonal plant.

She hasn't moved, however PA's yard is pretty much empty with maybe a dozen cars left...its so depressing when I think back to the days of cn

Yeah, but maybe less soon now that Iogen might not buy the old pulp mill. Omnitrax has left yards for less, and I don't see what is in PA to sustain rail service.

Media information

Category
Regionals and Shortlines
Added by
KermitC
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back