Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

CEMR 4003 GP9RM
R

CEMR 4003 GP9RM

When I first started railfanning in Winnipeg I wanted to catch all four units on CEMRs roster, despite them all looking identical. #4001 & 4002 regularly ran through Portage JCT, I even spotted #4000 on the train once, but no sign of #4003 anywhere, even when I visited their shop in Transcona before permanently leaving the city. Four years later CANDO wins a switching contract at the Chaviot Cargill plant near Saskatoon and sends a slightly patched #4003 for the job. Months ago he looked identical to his siblings: http://tinyurl.com/CEMR4002

With the plant being switched by CN & CP, sometimes at the same time, I should refer to this place as Little Winnipeg (Chaviot isnt an actual town, merely a station sign on CPs PNL Sutherland sub). If the mayor is successful in ousting CP from downtown, this is the logical connection/detour point over the CN mainline (Dufault spur) nearly, re-connecting back at Agpro via the Warman sub, while avoiding CNs congested Saskatoon yard and providing for more trains to watch @ Riverview/Difienbaker park on the Watrous sub.
R
Elijah, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circle_Drive#South_bridge

Media information

Category
Industrial and critters
Added by
Romet
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back