Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

A touch of Espee
R

A touch of Espee

A quint of SP SW1500s greets an old SD45T-2 & UP C40-8 in DRGW country?

UPY 1131*-1233**-1093**-Y1191-Y1163*
*Retired February 24th, 2009
**Retired May 25th, 2001

Apparently one is still on roster, got to wonder why he is surrounded by ghosts of yesterday. At least 9 more SP SW1500s in Denver.

Shops: UP 1071, Y1195, 1100 (retired Dec. 18, 2008), Y??24, Y1141 (retired Dec. 22, 2008), unknown, SP unpatched next to 1100.
38th st yard: Y1215 working with UPY 681 GP15-1
DRIR: ex-Y1211 & Y1083
R
According to UtahRails.net he is still on roster which I find very hard to believe. He is also listed as a SD40-2, while the Canadian Trackside Guide lists him as a SD45T-2... Whatever the case I'm just glad to be seing SP units (in SP paint) personally. At least four at the shops, including another SW1500 & UP 6292 AC4400CW. Not bad for 2009.

Hey hang out on the 8th ave BRIDGE is ALWAYS FULL OF SURPRISES. I DRIVE OVER IT EVERY DAY!

R
If the engine is still there I'll make sure to take more photos when I come back to Denver next January. Should have plenty of time now that I shot everything in the Pueblo desert lol.

Media information

Category
Union Pacific
Added by
Romet
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back